Tea Selection

cjpj

I tried searching the boards but could not find any info. I recently switched from drinking coffee to tea and am wondering about the tea selections available. Does the selection vary in the dining rooms, buffet and IC? What teas are available? What brand(s)? Thanks for any info.

1 minute ago, cjpj said:

I tried searching the boards but could not find any info. I recently switched from drinking coffee to tea and am wondering about the tea selections available. Does the selection vary in the dining rooms, buffet and IC? What teas are available? What brand(s)? Thanks for any info.

Selection varies by ship, and by the day.  Mighty Leaf used to be exclusive offering at IC, but that was before COVID.  We've recently had Tea & Company, and the regular Twinings, Bigelow, etc.  Discovery last week there was no Chamomile or Ginger.  They had Orange Spice by Bigelow as a caffeine free offering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like Twinnings English Breakfast, but decaffeinated. They dont have it.  They had some Lipton brand decaf available in the buffet area.  I just brought a bunch of the kind l liked (enough to average 2 teas a day or so). 

The tea in the Tea Time was good though.

I didnt order tea in the dining room because I make iced tea. I stop at the bar near the buffet and ask for a large glass of ice and then get a coffee cup in the buffet and fill it with hot water.  From there Im sure you know the steps!  The glasses in the buffet are generally smaller so that is why I got the big one at the bar.

I suppose that I could bring a glass of ice to the MDR, but the tables are usually full enough and I wont risk spilling any tea on their table cloths in the process. 

As another poster noted, the premium tea used to be Mighty Leaf. We were on Enchanted for 30 days in February/ March, and it was only in the last few days of our cruise that I was able to find any Mighty Leaf, and it was  only black tea.  There were none of my favorite flavors like jasmine or white orchard.  
In the club class dining room there were a couple of flavors of Bigelow tea, but the decaf was only Lipton. 
I was very glad that I brought my own tea bags.  

I was on the Sky in January..the tea's available were Twinings and Bigelow herb teas, Lemon ginger and Mint were available, and of course regular black tea.  I had been looking forward to Mighty Leaf tea, but it was not to be found...sigh... Princess...are you listening? 

4 hours ago, sirclean said:

I didnt order tea in the dining room because I make iced tea. I stop at the bar near the buffet and ask for a large glass of ice and then get a coffee cup in the buffet and fill it with hot water.  From there Im sure you know the steps!  The glasses in the buffet are generally smaller so that is why I got the big one at the bar.

I do this, too!  I take it to the cabin and relax on the balcony with a book.  I know you can get iced tea from room service, but it's too weak for me.  I always take some tea bags with me from home.  Strong black.

A few ships (if youre lucky) carry Harney & Sons Cinnamon spice.

We learned to like it so much, I order it directly from the company now.

Its a little pricey, which is why I doubt ships carry it anymore.

I always ask at the IC day one.

Seems when their out.... they stay out.😐

I just bring my own tea. I like a chai in the mornings and something decaf at night. I bring an insulated cup so I can carry without spilling. I relied on the cruise lines for awhile but was always disappointed with the selection. Not a fan of plain black tea unless it is iced tea.

I would bring my own just to make sure I can have something I like if they don't have anything that sounds good. Also, it is very hit or miss what tea they have at any venue.  It didn't use to be that way but things have changed.  So I bring my own as a backup.

Thanks for all the replies. I like green tea and Constent Comment, so it sounds like I'll bring my own. That's something that is easily packed! 

I just got off the Discovery. If I asked for tea in the dining room I usually just got a standard black/English breakfast tea. I noticed a random assortment of teas in the buffet and they didn't seem to be stocked well. I personally love jasmine green tea but I couldn't find it in the buffet, and I think I only noticed a Twinings green tea bag once (which yes I did grab and pocket for later). However, the International Cafe had the "premium" teas, including jasmine. I had the plus package so it was included, but if if you don't have it and don't want to pay $2 for a tea bag and you want something specific I would bring my own tea bag. As a note, I like a good matcha green tea latte and I thought I saw it as an option while looking at photos of menus other people have took, but it apparently wasn't available on our ship. The only "fancy" tea latte was a chai latte, and they use a chai syrup for it instead of tea bags. I tried it once, and it was okay but not great. They also don't carry oat milk (my preferred milk alternative) and they were out of coconut milk (my backup milk alternative) so I had to get it with soy milk.