Vista connecting cabins

Lenbro1944

We are sailing on the Vista summer 2024. We have booked 2 adjacent cabins that have a connecting door. Now that the Vista is sailing I ask anyone that will stay in a connecting cabin to describe where the connecting door is and does it require rearrangement of the furniture?

Also on your cruise did they permit you to open the door between the 2 verandas.

Pictures would be nice.

Thank you in advance for your response.

1 hour ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Also on your cruise did they permit you to open the door between the 2 verandas.

Some have reported that they had the wall between the veranda opened, but they are in the very small minority.  It's the ship's master's call, as the doors are fire breaks and opening them presents a fire hazard.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally saw pictures of where the door is that connect 2 cabins on the Vista. For cabins below penthouse category the door is in the hall opposite the bathroom. In the penthouse the door is between the 2 closets that the penthouse has. The door is where the full length mirror would normally be. Does anyone know where did they then put the full length mirror?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

I finally saw pictures of where the door is that connect 2 cabins on the Vista. For cabins below penthouse category the door is in the hall opposite the bathroom. In the penthouse the door is between the 2 closets that the penthouse has. The door is where the full length mirror would normally be. Does anyone know where did they then put the full length mirror?

image.thumb.png.c6d1622ffb8fa12d7cc8f0fdbeeafdd0.pngthe deck plan looks like the connecting door  for PH  are in the hall across from W/C

Can you post   a photo or link of the PH you found??

I think the sign on the deckplan is just a sign but does not show the real location of the connecting door.

You never have to move any furniture for the connecting door. It´s always accessible.

Here you can see a connecting door in 7066 (the view from the French Balcony into the cabin on the left side after the TV and paintings on the wall).

steamboats

I was a guarantee for a French Veranda and knew I would probably end up with one of the worst. It happened, I was assigned one of the adjoining staterooms and there was a door where the full length mirror would have been. No full length mirror, really missed it. 

5 minutes ago, See_More said:

I was a guarantee for a French Veranda and knew I would probably end up with one of the worst. It happened, I was assigned one of the adjoining staterooms and there was a door where the full length mirror would have been. No full length mirror, really missed it. 

Are you still onboard?

Do you have any photos ?

That seems ridiculous that Oceania couldn’t find someplace else to put a full length mirror. Maybe on the inside of the closet door. I think that may be a game changer for anyone like me who are considering connecting cabins for our family. 
If anyone from Oceania is watching these posts they sure should try to correct not having a full length mirror in these connecting cabins.

5 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

That seems ridiculous that Oceania couldn’t find someplace else to put a full length mirror. Maybe on the inside of the closet door. I think that may be a game changer for anyone like me who are considering connecting cabins for our family. 
If anyone from Oceania is watching these posts they sure should try to correct not having a full length mirror in these connecting cabins.

Totally agree!  Just attached the dang mirror to the door!!!