Zuiderdam in Port Everglades on May 12, 2023

leerathje

13 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@richwmn great photos; what is the name of the hotel where you're staying?

Rich took advantage of the Institute of Cheer's post cruise package. He was planning to meet Michelle and I for dinner last night. Our building has a handful of hotel rooms, and as luck would have ir, one was open because we're in the off season now. I picked him up at the port yesterday morning. He took the photos from our balcony. While our post cruise package includes transfers from the ship and to the airport, Rich bought us pizza and beer last night so it evens out. 😃

Edited by POA1
Left out an apostrophe.
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Lets not forget @Scrapnana starting off the season.  May her treatments be successful and her cruising return by fall.

Roy

Thanks, Roy.  The last four months have not been what I had planned.  I am still undergoing chemo and I’m in a nursing home.  I have one more round to go.   Hopefully, I will be able to walk without being hunched over and for longer distances.  My goal is to be on the  2024 GWV.

Hope all is well with you, Roy.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

Thanks, Roy.  The last four months have not been what I had planned.  I am still undergoing chemo and I’m in a nursing home.  I have one more round to go.   Hopefully, I will be able to walk without being hunched over and for longer distances.  My goal is to be on the  2024 GWV.

I am delighted to hear that you're at least with it enough to post but what an awful period you have been through.  Prayers that the last round goes without too serious side effects and it leaves you cancer free,  I've had a tough row too with pneumonia in February that is still leaving me very tired but making slow progress.  I've cancelled summer cruises but have bookings on QM2 in September and Rotterdam that I hope to be ready for.

Thank you to @leerathje for her diligence in handing sailaways the past several months.

Best Wishes.

Roy

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

Kathi, our hopes and prayers are with you, and I hope that last round of chemo goes well for you and you are soon back in full strength again.  Leanne did a good job filling in for you, but we all have missed you.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

Thanks for updating us, Kathi. I cared for my sister at home when she was going through chemo. {being retired gave me that opportunity for her to be home and not in the hospital].

Best wishes that everything continues to improve - going forward. Stay strong.

• Like 2