Health check before boarding?

Presto2

Had an e-mail to give reminders about a few things. Under the section about keeping everyone safe etc etc etc it talks about  health checks before you board. Has anyone got a clue what this means as I didn't think this applied anymore?

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Had an e-mail to give reminders about a few things. Under the section about keeping everyone safe etc etc etc it talks about  health checks before you board. Has anyone got a clue what this means as I didn't think this applied anymore?

Nothing mentioned on my last 2 cruises just have you had covid symptoms recently asked at Gatwick. Absolutely nothing at Southampton for QM2 last Tuesday and they have same term in their documents.

I don't expect anything on Sunday either.  Mind you P&O don't seem worried about anything except don't get here early - I've now had 4 reminder emails for that!

• Thanks 1

I think it’s yet another example of the website not being updated. No health checks that I’m aware of, just the requirement for passengers to declare “I’ve had cold like symptoms over the past few weeks, so would you please deny me boarding and force me into a battle royale with my insurers” 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I think it’s yet another example of the website not being updated. No health checks that I’m aware of, just the requirement for passengers to declare “I’ve had cold like symptoms over the past few weeks, so would you please deny me boarding and force me into a battle royale with my insurers” 😂 

And good luck in the hay fever season!!! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, snaefell said:

We sail Sunday & so far just an email telling you not to travel if you have had recent Co vid symptoms & to make sure your insurance includes Co vid cover.

We sail on |Sunday  and  had an email yesterday stating the same.

• Like 1

Definitely say nothing.  It's now virtually impossible to claim on an insurance policy for covid cancellation of any holiday, let alone a cruise as all insurers want a positive covid test carried out by a medical professional and won't accept self administered tests, even if video observed.

My Post Office annual policy is due renewal and I queried this with them and six other companies. Basically the covid cancellation cover is no longer worth the paper it's written on as Government policy on covid changed in April. As a result it's nigh on impossible to get an in person test which the insurers want.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-testing-approach-from-april-2023

Email received from P&O lunch time.

The requirement is simple you must not test positive!

Being within 250 yards of a testing kit may seriously damage your wealth.

medical.jpg

Medical requirements

We are unable to accept guests who test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of their cruise, require supplementary oxygen (via tank or cylinder) or require haemodialysis. 

Guests who use overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea will be able to travel, however, guests requiring oxygen via concentrator, those who utilise mechanical ventilatory support and those requiring peritoneal dialysis will only be accepted to travel with prior confirmation from our medical team.

If any of the above applies to you, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8003 (local call charges apply). If you booked your cruise as part of a wider holiday package, please contact your travel provider for information relating to their policies.

If your holiday is impacted by COVID-19, you’ll need to contact your travel insurance provider to claim for any associated loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

We sail on |Sunday  and  had an email yesterday stating the same.

We only found the info from a link where it said info here or something like that.  It took us to a Web page that sounds like it is out of date. What a surprise