Encore - Gluten Free?

dvirgada

I would suggest that you look at the NCL website all the way to the bottom in the Blue Section-- Cruising Essentials-- Accessible Cruising.

There is a form there to list Dietary issues you may.

You may want once you are on board to discuss with a Maitre D.  They can make recommendations for you.

Enjoy

• Like 1

NCL is great with gf. Contact special needs ahead of time to note it on the reservation. Go to the open MDR after boarding, someone should meet you there and explain how it works. My daughter would order breakfast and dinner ahead of time and just make a call when heading to a meal, her food was delivered to our table. There is a lot of gf food on the ship.

The two cruise lines I've been on (Royal Caribbean, last time in 2018, and NCL) have both been VERY accommodating to food allergies.  I sailed with GF people on Royal, they were VERY mindful of the need.  On NCL I was sitting with someone that had a different food allergy, never an issue.

On my last cruise on NCL (in March) the very first thing that was asked at every dinner before the rolls were even placed on the table - "are there any food allergies".  

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

My daughter would order breakfast and dinner ahead of time

Just off the Escape, and this is the key to a better dining experience.  Try not to forget to order in advance (whether for MDR or specialty), or your choices will be dramatically reduced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

Just off the Escape, and this is the key to a better dining experience.  Try not to forget to order in advance (whether for MDR or specialty), or your choices will be dramatically reduced.

Fortunately the dietary manager came to our table every night, and delivered her breakfast to her every morning in the front.

NCL is very accommodating with respect to food allergies but you do need to manage your expectations.  I've read a few rants because people expected to find a variety of GF desserts in the buffet for example. Or they didn't like to have to pre-order because they didn't always know a day in advance what they wanted to eat the next day.

As long as you keep in contact with the kitchen while onboard, all is good.  If you don't, your choices may be limited.