Sea Terrace vs XL Sea Terrace

mizLORInj

1 minute ago, mizLORInj said:

So these are both options on a cruise we're considering.  Do you really notice the cabin space difference in the XL?

the cabin itself is pretty similar, but the bathroom is super different between the 2.  the XL has an open doorway with frosted glass door cubicles for the shower and toilet, and the sink is in the open door space.  the regular sea terrace has an all-in-one bathroom with a sink, shower and toilet and has a door to the whole thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _tacocat_ said:

the cabin itself is pretty similar, but the bathroom is super different between the 2.  the XL has an open doorway with frosted glass door cubicles for the shower and toilet, and the sink is in the open door space.  the regular sea terrace has an all-in-one bathroom with a sink, shower and toilet and has a door to the whole thing.

ah ok.  Yes I remember the bathroom on Scarlet lady--smallest bathroom I've ever had on any cruise line/ship!  

Thanks. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

ah ok.  Yes I remember the bathroom on Scarlet lady--smallest bathroom I've ever had on any cruise line/ship!  

Thanks. 

Honestly I think our bathroom on the Carnival Mardi Gras was either smaller or the same size. But the difference is that the Scarlet Lady shower door opens in to the shower. I recall the Mardi Gras shower door opening out to the toilet which made it quite awkward getting into the shower.

I honestly have no issues at all with the bathrooms in the standard cabins.  We've sailed in a Cheeky Corner Suite with that amazing bathroom and the regular Sea Terrace. Both work and I would not get the XL just for that larger bathroom unless you really want it and you're happy with their location on the ship. Now if the XL stood for a larger balcony, well that I would be all over. 🙂 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, scseas said:

I thought I read that some XL don’t have hammocks. That’s why I was reluctant to put in an upgrade.

The 2-4 cabins right toward the front of the ship on some decks don’t as there aren’t enough attachment points. 

4 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Honestly I think our bathroom on the Carnival Mardi Gras was either smaller or the same size. But the difference is that the Scarlet Lady shower door opens in to the shower. I recall the Mardi Gras shower door opening out to the toilet which made it quite awkward getting into the shower.

I honestly have no issues at all with the bathrooms in the standard cabins.  We've sailed in a Cheeky Corner Suite with that amazing bathroom and the regular Sea Terrace. Both work and I would not get the XL just for that larger bathroom unless you really want it and you're happy with their location on the ship. Now if the XL stood for a larger balcony, well that I would be all over. 🙂 

We recently booked an XL on this October's TA on the Valiant Lady. It was on Deck 8 and I believe it had a larger balcony. We changed our booking to Deck 9 over concern about noise from the Red Room, which was below it. The XLs above Deck 8 have standard balconies. so we changed to a midship Sea Terrace, since the price difference of $824 didn't seem worth an enlarged bathroom.

Edited by billco

47 minutes ago, scseas said:

I thought I read that some XL don’t have hammocks. That’s why I was reluctant to put in an upgrade.

And when bidding on an XL upgrade you have no choice of what they assign you, so you could easily end up with an XL cabin with no hammock.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

And when bidding on an XL upgrade you have no choice of what they assign you, so you could easily end up with an XL cabin with no hammock.

The hammock is one of the best features!   

4 hours ago, scseas said:

There are a few XLs right at the front that don't have hammocks.  At least some of these now have "swinging chairs."  The issue had to do with the inability to safely hang the hammocks.  I don't understand why the hanging chair is different, but that's not my problem to solve.  I'd be highly disappointed if I paid for a balcony and didn't have a hammock.

The real difference in the XL is the bathroom.

11 hours ago, billco said:

We recently booked an XL on this October's TA on the Valiant Lady. It was on Deck 8 and I believe it had a larger balcony. We changed our booking to Deck 9 over concern about noise from the Red Room, which was below it. The XLs above Deck 8 have standard balconies. so we changed to a midship Sea Terrace, since the price difference of $824 didn't seem worth an enlarged bathroom.

Billco- ditto for us! We were in an XL right above the Red Room on deck 8... there were no other XLs anywhere for the longest time, finally 2 weeks ago I called and was able to move to an XL on Deck 9! We also bid on a Seriously Suite, which I doubt we'll get but hey, it's free to bid!

BTW we're on the October TA as well! I'll keep an eye out for you!

11 hours ago, billco said:

Yikes--no way I'd pay an additional $824 for a bigger bathroom.  We'll stick to our Sea Terrace.

20 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I don't understand why the hanging chair is different,

A hanging chair hangs from 1 hook, and a hammock requires two hooks.

I guess they had no secure place for 2 hooks due to the layout.

• Like 1