do 1 br aqua suites have 2 stewards

20 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

normally are are in a crown loft and they always had 2. i'm assuming the higher level of suite means 2 as well but wanted to properly plan for tips

The 2bd ATS that are Star class don’t even have two attendants.  

11 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

yes not sure why only lofts have two attendants? For sure they make sure we always get two tip tip hooray envelopes when we stay in them 😄 

we are filling those out for next weeks cruise so i'm glad i asked.

maybe it's 1 attendant per floor is the rule. so on the huge family 2 level suites on other ships or the royal loft maybe there are 2 as well

20 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

we are filling those out for next weeks cruise so i'm glad i asked.

maybe it's 1 attendant per floor is the rule. so on the huge family 2 level suites on other ships or the royal loft maybe there are 2 as well

No.  It’s just a location thing for think.  The only suite an aqua suite attendant deals with is yours.  Then they have X number of other cabins as well.  On deck 17 they are all suites so easy to structure it differently.   

Edited by topnole

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

No.  It’s just a location thing for think.  The only suite an aqua suite attendant deals with is yours.  Then they have X number of other cabins as well.  On deck 17 they are all suites so easy to structure it differently.   

ah ok, well as long as the stewards are all the same quality thats all that matters.

So I actually asked our loft attendant on Harmony from 4/23 about staffing and how things worked for the normal rooms. What he told me was all the lofts on deck 17 get 2 attendants (Loft Attendant and Asst. Loft Attendant), 8 rooms assigned to each pair (regardless if there's a Royal Loft/Ultimate Family suite mixed in). All of the rooms below get assigned between 20-25 for 1 stateroom attendant, and that's even including things like Grand/Owner Suites mixed in including the Aqua suites.

From what I understood was that because of the 2 floors, the lofts just require that extra person to help clean (2 bathrooms to clean, the stairs being vacuumed, handrails, glass panels for the railings on the stairs, etc) that normal staterooms don't have including the 1 level suites on the lower decks.

He said that even though the stateroom attendants below have several more rooms now to cover, overall time wise for each day they are done with work well ahead in advance compared to the loft attendants because they only have the once-a-day service and a lot of them don't envy the loft attendants despite being the pinnacle position to get to on an Oasis/Quantum ship.

do the suites below deck 17 still get 2x a day? i personally dont need it  2x and sometimes it's even too much/unnecessary.  but other times like for a cabin crawl you do want it ship shape!

also sometimes they are 'too good' as well. for instance i like the dailies on the coffee table to read but they insisted on putting them where they wanted/are taught etc. sure their way looked cleaner but we all like things our own way and we are renting that space.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

ah ok, well as long as the stewards are all the same quality thats all that matters.

They all work hard.  Been a few years since we had a 1bdr ATS but I recall our guy was great the.   Our 2bd ATS last year the guy was also great, but definitely overworked.   He simply couldn’t keep up and we didn’t ask him for much.  That was before the apparent increase in rooms.  The downside of 1 is it takes them longer so often you come back and they are trying to clean your room. With the lofts they get in and out much faster.  So less coming back to a cabin in the middle of service.  

35 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

do the suites below deck 17 still get 2x a day? i personally dont need it  2x and sometimes it's even too much/unnecessary.  but other times like for a cabin crawl you do want it ship shape!

also sometimes they are 'too good' as well. for instance i like the dailies on the coffee table to read but they insisted on putting them where they wanted/are taught etc. sure their way looked cleaner but we all like things our own way and we are renting that space.

All suites still get 2x per day

• Like 1