Hot or not? Wonder of the Seas- Jr Suite 11242

Hello- Has anyone sailed in WOTS #11242? Asking because I've booked that junior suite but I've been seeing more videos/comments where people said their cabin's A/C didn't work & they were hot for the whole cruise.

My husband likes to have it fairly cold and I hope this isn't one of the "complimentary sauna" cabins...

9 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

I've been seeing more videos/comments where people said their cabin's A/C didn't work & they were hot for the whole cruise.

Just remember there are 6000+ people sailing every week & you’re seeing how many comments? The other 99% aren’t going to bother posting “my cabin felt fine” (except in this thread since you asked).

I wouldn’t sweat it. (see what I did there?)

I’ll be on wonder in less than 3 weeks and again next March & I’m not worried.

FYI, if your cabin is warm, tell maintenance. They can try things like replacing your a/c filter.

We had a 1 bd ATS on Harmony and the AC wasn't working properly. We called GS, maintenance arrived within 30 minutes and AC was fixed shortly after that... 

On Enchantment the AC worked fine but every now and then there was a knocking and rattling. again maintenance came quickly and fixed it.

If there is an issue. Just call GS... Sounds like the vids you saw, the people just complained on the camera and did not ask for help 

• Like 2

A ship's AC is not the same as your house. YOu can't set it freezing cold like at home.  It is a small range and depending on how often you use your balcony, the sunshine, and the warm breeze, the tempature will not be cold enough for a person that likes it freezing.  That is why the complaints.  

15 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Hello- Has anyone sailed in WOTS #11242? Asking because I've booked that junior suite but I've been seeing more videos/comments where people said their cabin's A/C didn't work & they were hot for the whole cruise.

My husband likes to have it fairly cold and I hope this isn't one of the "complimentary sauna" cabins...

Just off of a B2B in a JS (8640) on Wonder, and the AC worked fine. Actually got a bit too cold for us if we left it all the way on the coldest setting and went out for the day.

• Like 1

What some don't realize is that if the balcony door isn't fully shut, not just pulled to, the AC won't work. Takes a bit of extra umph and then you can regulate the desired temp via the thermstat.  Yes it can get a bit chilly when turned up all the way.

• Like 2

When I was on the Oasis last September, my wife and I tend to use the front ship elevators (faster).

On our port day in Nassau (around 88 degrees F, very strong sun at 11am) we walked through one of the corridors which had ocean balconies on one side and interior balconies on the other.

All of the cabin attendants in the areas had the doors to the balconies open and doors to the corridor open as they performed their duties.

Needless to say, the corridor was hot and humid with hot breezes flowing from the outside ocean balconies to the interior room balconies.

If this was done twice a day, those rooms were heated (and their furniture and contents) beyond what I think the AC was designed to handle. I overheard multiple patrons asking why they were leaving the doors open. The most common answer was they were "airing out" the rooms. I think it was to allow them to complete their services faster.

It takes a while to remove the heat load after something like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

When I was on the Oasis last September, my wife and I tend to use the front ship elevators (faster).

On our port day in Nassau (around 88 degrees F, very strong sun at 11am) we walked through one of the corridors which had ocean balconies on one side and interior balconies on the other.

All of the cabin attendants in the areas had the doors to the balconies open and doors to the corridor open as they performed their duties.

Needless to say, the corridor was hot and humid with hot breezes flowing from the outside ocean balconies to the interior room balconies.

If this was done twice a day, those rooms were heated (and their furniture and contents) beyond what I think the AC was designed to handle. I overheard multiple patrons asking why they were leaving the doors open. The most common answer was they were "airing out" the rooms. I think it was to allow them to complete their services faster.

It takes a while to remove the heat load after something like that.

Having stayed on such hallways multiple times on Oasis class ships, I think you observed fairly unusual event, as I have never seen it.  I believe I would have seen it multiple times by now it occurred twice daily (or even daily) as you speculated.  Instead I would speculate they may have needed to air out that area (maybe there was a spill or a leak and after clean up there was a lingering odor).  

I have seen isolated cabin doors propped open, of course.  Sometimes balcony cleaning crews open the partitions, so the two end doors might be open a while

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I have seen isolated cabin doors propped open, of course.  Sometimes balcony cleaning crews open the partitions, so the two end doors might be open a while

You would have to prop the cabin door open if the balcony door was open. It creates a big draft. And everything would fly around. So don't think cabin stewards would be doing this as a normal procedure.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

You would have to prop the cabin door open if the balcony door was open or there'll be a big draft. And everything would fly around.

There was definitely a crosswind even though we were at dock at Nassau. That is what made it so noticeable. I was walking through a "hot wind tunnel."

There was not anything blowing around that I could see except for drapes in the rooms as I went by.

• Like 1