Stanley Cup Playoff games on TNT

I've seen a few older posts about this, but there doesn't seem to be clear follow-ups. We will be on the Liberty of the Seas next week for Games 4 and 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals. However, the series we are interested in is exclusively on TNT, which I'm aware is not one of the channels Royal gets onboard. Seeing as there isn't a Playmakers on LOS, does anyone have experience on if TNT playoff games get syndicated on any of the other sports channels? The NBA will be on ESPN both nights, so I'm unsure if any of the other channels will swap in the hockey game. I understand I can get a streaming plan, but wanted to see if anyone has seen TNT games being shown at all in the past 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

The playoffs are exclusive to TNT in America.  

Cruise ships are international and not bound by domestic viewing restrictions.  It all depends if any of the international sources they have available on board have acquired broadcasting rights.   ESPN International and ESPN Caribbean are vastly different than ESPN in the US and they often carry major sporting events like this.  

ESPN Caribbean Schedule:

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/espn-caribbean/8135/2023-05-23

Indicates NHL Hockey at 8pm on Tuesday.  

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/espn-caribbean/8135/2023-05-25

Thursday as well, 8pm.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The playoffs are exclusive to TNT in America.  

Cruise ships are international and not bound by domestic viewing restrictions.  It all depends if any of the international sources they have available on board have acquired broadcasting rights.   ESPN International and ESPN Caribbean are vastly different than ESPN in the US and they often carry major sporting events like this.  

ESPN Caribbean Schedule:

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/espn-caribbean/8135/2023-05-23

Indicates NHL Hockey at 8pm on Tuesday.  

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/espn-caribbean/8135/2023-05-25

Thursday as well, 8pm.

Yeah, unfortunately those are the Western Conference Final games that are already scheduled to be on ESPN. The NBA is scheduled during Games 4 and 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Wednesday and Friday (5/24 and 5/26) on ESPN, so wasn't sure if one of those ESPN channels would swap in the NHL game.

1 minute ago, panthers_4890 said:

Yeah, unfortunately those are the Western Conference Final games that are already scheduled to be on ESPN. The NBA is scheduled during Games 4 and 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Wednesday and Friday (5/24 and 5/26) on ESPN, so wasn't sure if one of those ESPN channels would swap in the NHL game.

Most ships have two ESPN International channels.  Unfortunately it's very difficult to find international schedules.  

• Like 1

Another option is a Voom package, a laptop and a subscription to a VPN service that has a gateway in Canada.

cbc.ca carries a lot of games right on their website but you need to appear to be in Canada to watch them.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just to double-back on this topic after-the-fact, ESPN did pick up the TNT hockey broadcast on the ship, likely due to the fact that the Lakers got swept two nights prior. Unfortunately, my team followed suit and promptly got swept themselves 😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, panthers_4890 said:

Just to double-back on this topic after-the-fact, ESPN did pick up the TNT hockey broadcast on the ship, likely due to the fact that the Lakers got swept two nights prior. Unfortunately, my team followed suit and promptly got swept themselves 😭

Thanks, nice of you to come back and post. As you can see, my team got beat AGAIN

2 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Fyi: I'm on Harmony rt now.  1st game of finals in Sabor. No idea who I'm rooting for but a close game is always fun 

I just got off Harmony today. I like Harmony and have cruised on her multiple times in the last year, but hopefully sooner than later they will replace Sabor with Playmakers. The Boardwalk has a different feel to it with Playmakers on Symphony and Wonder.