Canary Island ?

phabric

I am thinking on taking the 12 day Canary Island cruise on the Sky Nov 2-13, 2025, when the 2025 are released

Has anybody taken the Canary Island cruise before?

Normally, how is the weather in November? Warm, hot, cold?

Are there non swimming places to see?

We will be taking a balcony.  Is one side of the ship better than the other?

Any information will be helpful.

Ports - roundtrip from Southampton - have only been to Southampton

Vigo, Spain

Madeira, Portugal

Santa Cruz De Tene, Spain

Gran Canaria, Canary Island

Lanzarote, Canary Island

Lisbon, Portugal

We have been on a Canary Island cruises in November a few times.  It should be reasonably warm , you might need a jacket.

Madeira is lovely, we just walk around now but have previously done the cable cars also once did the tour of the caves on the other side of the Island which are lava tubes. We have also done the Hop on hop off bus. Another popular think to do is to go up in the cable car and come down in the baskets. Google that and see if you are brave enough to do it.

Lanzerote always worth doing the Fire Island Tour. 

Gran Canaria you stop right by a big shopping centre and also a short walk round the promenade. Hop on hop off buses are right near the port.

Tenerife probably worth doing an excursion or get the hop on hop off bus from town. 

Lisbon plenty of things to do, watch out for pick pockets. 

Vigo check out the excursions.

Edited by amajaa

We have visited Lanzarote at the end of November of 2021, weather was amazing for hiking and enjoying outside. Ocean temperatures were cold so we didnt swim, but my DS did.

Thank you for putting this cruise on my radar! I'll be looking for it.

Just now, nattie said:

We have visited Lanzarote at the end of November of 2021, weather was amazing for hiking and enjoying outside. Ocean temperatures were cold so we didnt swim, but my DS did.

Thank you for putting this cruise on my radar! I'll be looking for it.

2025 Europe opens for Elite May 31 and others June 1

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

Any idea what the itineraries are?

Find the post on Princess -

“5/15/23: 2025 Europe Cruises & Cruisetours

Season Announcement”

The itinerary are posted on one of the thread.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 8:44 AM, phabric said:

Vigo, Spain

Madeira, Portugal

Lanzarote, Canary Island

Lisbon, Portugal

What is the currency for these ports?  Euro ?

Don't know about the weather in November as we were there in Oct. and it was warm with very little rain.  If all you want is shopping and to walk around a town, then you are missing some of the best things to see in the Canaries.  We did a full day tour with Up Mountain Madeira which we enjoyed tremendously.  We took one Princess tour in Tenerife - the Best of Tenerife and it too was excellent.  In Gran Canaria we took an amazing tour with Sky Rebels.  In Lanzarote we took a full day tour with Blackstone Treks and in Vigo we did a four hour tour with Cruising Excursions.  Each of these day tours was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed each destination.  If you would like me to go into more detail about what we saw on each tour, you can e-mail me at brsinger@outlook.com.  I didn't go into detail here as it would have read like a novel but trust me, there are fantastic sights to see in the Canaries.  I don't know how Covid affected each of the tour companies which we used but  I can provide you with e-mail addresses for the companies we used and hopefully they are still in business.

Hope this helps.

Barb

Thank you for the information and names of companies.  We take tours to see the port, not the stores, if we have time then may go into a store, not really into shopping.

What currency did you use?  Euro?

In Vigo, look into an excursion to Santiago de Compostela.  It's about a 90 minute bus ride through the beautiful Galician countryside, which culminates in the famous Cathedral of St. James de Compostela, the terminus of countless pilgrimages to the supposed location of the death of St. James the Great, one of the disciples of Jesus. 

Whether or not you are religious or are bored of cathedrals in Europe, seeing this one is worth the time.  The main square outside the entrance has a specific marker as to the end of the various pilgrimage trails with the distance to major European cities where they start.  When I was there in early May, there were many hikers who'd just completed their treks and were all taking photos with the Cathedral in the background.  The area round the main square is full of little shops selling a lot of schlock, but there are some gems to be found if you look hard enough.

Our tour had lunch at a restaurant that was in the lower level of a 5 star hotel that had been operating in one form or another for several hundred years.  The lunch was one of the best meals I had on the entire cruise.

BTW, the weather in early May was sunny and got quite warm in the afternoon.  I'd say in the mid-80s F.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, phabric said:

I am thinking on taking the 12 day Canary Island cruise on the Sky Nov 2-13, 2025, when the 2025 are released

Has anybody taken the Canary Island cruise before?

Normally, how is the weather in November? Warm, hot, cold?

Are there non swimming places to see?

We will be taking a balcony.  Is one side of the ship better than the other?

Any information will be helpful.

Ports - roundtrip from Southampton - have only been to Southampton

Vigo, Spain

Madeira, Portugal

Lanzarote, Canary Island

Lisbon, Portugal

My first question for you would be how well do you travel and are you prone to seasickness? If you are I would absolutely not do the bay of biscay in November!

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Thank you for the information and names of companies.  We take tours to see the port, not the stores, if we have time then may go into a store, not really into shopping.

What currency did you use?  Euro?

Euros

1 hour ago, Nicole&Pete said:

My first question for you would be how well do you travel and are you prone to seasickness? If you are I would absolutely not do the bay of biscay in November!

The Bay of Biscay was very rough when we went in Oct. too.

Barb