Are we required to get off ship in Amsterdam

catlet

We are booked on a 21 day Norway cruise leaving Amsterdam that is also available as a 7 day and a 14 day itinerary. Will we be required to get off the ship in Amsterdam on our return after the first 7 days? 

How is this different?  We just sailed the 14 day Transatlantic to BCN, but people also booked it for 7 more days, terminating in Rome. The ship was required to get to a zero count in BCN, so everyone had to get off.  If continuing to Rome, they could get back on.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

How is this different?  We just sailed the 14 day Transatlantic to BCN, but people also booked it for 7 more days, terminating in Rome. The ship was required to get to a zero count in BCN, so everyone had to get off.  If continuing to Rome, they could get back on.

Most countries don't require the ship to zero. The most notable exception is the US.

I think the situation in BCN had to do with arriving in the EU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kopykat said:

I’m changing cabins. I’m not sure how that will affect this procedure. Does anyone have experience with this in Amsterdam?

It doesn’t affect anything.  You just need to pack what is in your drawers and toiletries and those items hanging in your closet and suitcases will be moved to your new cabin.  Don’t forget your safety deposit box and keep those with you until you go in your new room.  You will be given a key for it and be all set.

I did change rooms on my recent b2b out of Amsterdam and I did exactly as @kazu stated and packed up everything except clothing on hangars in the closet. I went for breakfast, took my ereader to the Crow’s Nest and had a latte and read for a while. I then stopped by the front desk to pick up my new key card and went to my new room. 

Looked like embarkation day with my suitcases waiting for me except that the “hanging up” was already done for me 😁. They even moved the very wilted flowers we had picked up at Keukenhof prior to the first leg of the cruise as well as some leftover water I had forgotten about in the refrigerator. Very efficient process!

• Like 2