Laundry special on Transatlantic cruises?

11 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Yes, they run promotions. You stateroom attendant will know when it will be. 

FYI to the OP.  Make sure you ask and you will probably want to remind them.  Don’t assume they will let you know.   

12 hours ago, topnole said:

I don’t remember seeing any on our TA this year.  Maybe I missed them.   

Just got home from a TA to Southampton England

about day 6 or 7 a bag was left on the bed for wash and fold special $34   being a D+  we get it free.

FWIW I got a bag and my wife got a bag , it is for each D+ in your stateroom .  It is limited to stuff like underware, PJ's, socks , tee shirts .    A diamond plus member friend put his polo shirts in and they got charged extra for those something like $17 each .

Just beware that your clothes are washed together in VERY HOT water.

22 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Just got home from a TA to Southampton England

about day 6 or 7 a bag was left on the bed for wash and fold special $34   being a D+  we get it free.

FWIW I got a bag and my wife got a bag , it is for each D+ in your stateroom .  It is limited to stuff like underware, PJ's, socks , tee shirts .    A diamond plus member friend put his polo shirts in and they got charged extra for those something like $17 each .

Just beware that your clothes are washed together in VERY HOT water.

We did the same on our Symphony TA.  

To be fair, the sheet is pretty clear on what is allowed in the bag for that price.    Not getting on your friend.  Just don’t want others thinking this is common.  It was very clear to me that tee shirts were the only type of shirt allowed for the bag of laundry.  

Now why it matters as to the type of shirt, no idea.  I assume because polos don’t tend to do well and folks would complain and/demand royal pay for a ruined shirt. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, topnole said:

We did the same on our Symphony TA.  

To be fair, the sheet is pretty clear on what is allowed in the bag for that price.    Not getting on your friend.  Just don’t want others thinking this is common.  It was very clear to me that tee shirts were the only type of shirt allowed for the bag of laundry.  

Now why it matters as to the type of shirt, no idea.  I assume because polos don’t tend to do well and folks would complain and/demand royal pay for a ruined shirt. 

Not sure why they tried it, I guess they just either didn't read it or just thought they could get away with it.  Thank was back in the fill the plastic bag and tie the top closed days LOL, the paper bag seems to hold much more.

Just now, TheMiz said:

Not sure why they tried it, I guess they just either didn't read it or just thought they could get away with it.  Thank was back in the fill the plastic bag and tie the top closed days LOL, the paper bag seems to hold much more.

Yeah.  The paper bags do hold quite a bit.  We did more laundry in Europe and a similar size bag was more expensive.  The ships price isn’t bad.