Tendering in Isafjordur

GRBlizz

We will be on Celebrity Apex in August, with a stop at Isafjordur. My husband uses a power wheelchair full time. Does anyone know if the tender boats will be able to accommodate a wheelchair passenger? (I understand that unusually rough weather might change that, but just asking if it would work under normal circumstances.)

I can only speak to tendering with Holland America as we have a friend whose wife is in a traditional wheel chair. They just learned their ship is tendering in Juneau and as she will not be allowed on the tender, she can't leave the ship at that port

Just now, Nitemare said:

You might want to contact your travel agent or the cruiseline to see if they know what they will be using for tenders there.  Could be the lifeboats, could be local boats.

Wasn't local boats when we were there last July, it was ship's tenders.

Some cruise lines have policies about not tendering people in wheel chairs.

Meanwhile, NCL claims this is not a tender port for our Prima cruise.. Everything I have read says it is except for the smallest ships. The Prima is smaller than the ships NCL had been building, but it is in no way a small ship.

This topic was discussed here a month or so ago:

The vast majority of ships will tender there. We did on N. Statendam (HAL), a medium sized ship...2600pax. In the other thread, you can see an expansion of the docking facilities was proposed a few years ago, but has not yet happened. Its a fairly tight harbor.

45 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

This topic was discussed here a month or so ago:

The vast majority of ships will tender there. We did on N. Statendam (HAL), a medium sized ship...2600pax. In the other thread, you can see an expansion of the docking facilities was proposed a few years ago, but has not yet happened. Its a fairly tight harbor.

I believe the Prima is 3000+