NCL cancels Epic sailings from 12.1.2023 to 4.9.2024 for "Fleet Redeployment"

mpk

29 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well that's something to be happy about. 😊 I don't mean to pry, but what were the conditions set by the air carrier? Our last two international flights (from the USA to Portugal and USA to Japan) were done through airlines where we had a full year to use the funds in case we needed to cancel. I'm just curious a) what airline your flights were booked through and b) what remedies you might have been entitled to in case of a cancellation by NCL. I would assume that the airlines distinguish between you cancelling because you changed your mind, and cancelling because the cruise you were flying to, was cancelled by the cruise line. I guess it always comes down the T&C's. Best of luck!

My outbound flights were one way to Lisbon from Manchester ( we live in the north of England)these were with TAPportugal air lines they said no refund of fare but I have asked for baggage and tax back admin charge I think is approx £60, flight home was British airways from Rome to London so was a bit of a journey back to where we live.They have been very quick at refunding the tax only,  but still lost quite a bit due to admin charges.But hey when I asked on the phone British airways told me I would get a euro back in total! 

On 6/12/2023 at 12:51 AM, KeithJenner said:

Epic has been redeployed during that period. It is now doing Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral.

Just booked the EPIC yesterday out of Port Canaveral for the Western Caribbean.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, di T said:

My outbound flights were one way to Lisbon from Manchester ( we live in the north of England)these were with TAPportugal air lines they said no refund of fare but I have asked for baggage and tax back admin charge I think is approx £60, flight home was British airways from Rome to London so was a bit of a journey back to where we live.They have been very quick at refunding the tax only,  but still lost quite a bit due to admin charges.But hey when I asked on the phone British airways told me I would get a euro back in total! 

Interesting. We flew TAP Portugal (one way) from DC to Porto back in December. Our fare did allow us to use the funds up to a year later in case we had to cancel. You claim they said no "refund" of fare, but what about simply using the funds with them for another trip? That way, you haven't lost anything. Have you asked about doing that? It might be worth a try.

35 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Interesting. We flew TAP Portugal (one way) from DC to Porto back in December. Our fare did allow us to use the funds up to a year later in case we had to cancel. You claim they said no "refund" of fare, but what about simply using the funds with them for another trip? That way, you haven't lost anything. Have you asked about doing that? It might be worth a try.

I’ve asked e number of times what my options are, and they said no refund or voucher,we could book  by February 2024 which would be 12 months from the original trip, as long as the fare was more expensive and we paid £100 administration fee, We had to travel by 24thFeb 2024.So seemed too much hassle. Dianne

5 minutes ago, di T said:

I’ve asked e number of times what my options are, and they said no refund or voucher,we could book  by February 2024 which would be 12 months from the original trip, as long as the fare was more expensive and we paid £100 administration fee, We had to travel by 24thFeb 2024.So seemed too much hassle. Dianne

Well OK, but your earlier comment about "no refund" gave me the impression that you had no options whatsoever. If they're giving you 8 months to travel, surely you can book a trip in that period of time? How much were they charging for Manchester to Lisbon? I can't imagine it was a huge amount. (At least I hope not!)

26 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well OK, but your earlier comment about "no refund" gave me the impression that you had no options whatsoever. If they're giving you 8 months to travel, surely you can book a trip in that period of time? How much were they charging for Manchester to Lisbon? I can't imagine it was a huge amount. (At least I hope not!)

No I have 4 cruises booked in that time, none from Lisbon.

cost was around £300 for that trip plus £280 for the return.Basic fare economy 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, di T said:

No I have 4 cruises booked in that time, none from Lisbon.

cost was around £300 for that trip plus £280 for the return.Basic fare economy 

Wow, four cruises booked? That's awesome! 👏

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wow, four cruises booked? That's awesome! 👏

Making up for the Pandemic! First one on Monday.Trying Oceania,then a couple of Celebrity ones and finaly  back to NCL, life is good, we are very fortunate 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, di T said:

Making up for the Pandemic! First one on Monday.Trying Oceania,then a couple of Celebrity ones and finaly  back to NCL, life is good, we are very fortunate 😊

Nice! We went on our first Oceania cruise in April. It was...nice. 😉 Never done Celebrity, but considering it for an Australia-NZ cruise in 2025.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

we are cruising out of PC 1/24/2024. Our cruise is not cancelled as I just called NCL. So I am confused on this posting

Originally Epic was meant to be cruising out of Lisbon Portugal around that time. With me on it! 

11 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

It’s just that the original post said all of epics cruises were cancelled from Dec 2023 to April 2024. Misleading. 
I am sorry your cruise was canceled 

At the time of that posting all Epic cruises were canceled. Your cruise was posted after that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, room with a view said:

Just back from our holiday in Crete . 

Please bring me up to date with your dealings with NCL ..any further forward on refunds .

thanks 

This was our Christmas/New Year cruise on the Epic 2023-2024 - there has been a discussion of how to receive a refund from NCL for air fares bought independently.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, back on this topic ...how did refunds/transfers work out for GLYNAGP, Inside Cabin and Di Ti. ?

Our flights for our Epic cruise cancelled by NCL Manchester - Venice / Lisbon - Manchester cost £394.27  ..great prices as we booked early and December/ January flights were cheap.

Re booked (loss of £100 for transfer)  .. new flights for NCL Gem cruise.£1081.94  .. September prices ..much higher...also flights from Rome are expensive.  

Made a claim to NCL   as it was NCL that cancelled .

Offer from NCL ... £50 ...that's £25 each .... and at this moment that is all they are offering .

Any advice on what to do to get them to up our claim ? ,,,thanks

4 hours ago, room with a view said:

Hello, back on this topic ...how did refunds/transfers work out for GLYNAGP, Inside Cabin and Di Ti. ?

Our flights for our Epic cruise cancelled by NCL Manchester - Venice / Lisbon - Manchester cost £394.27  ..great prices as we booked early and December/ January flights were cheap.

Re booked (loss of £100 for transfer)  .. new flights for NCL Gem cruise.£1081.94  .. September prices ..much higher...also flights from Rome are expensive.  

Made a claim to NCL   as it was NCL that cancelled .

Offer from NCL ... £50 ...that's £25 each .... and at this moment that is all they are offering .

Any advice on what to do to get them to up our claim ? ,,,thanks

I have now booked a cruise on Norwegian Dawn departing Rome on 26th April 2023 for 10 days ending in Barcelona . This is the very last cruise that it would be possible to use the 20% discount given for cancellation of the original Norwegian Epic cruise.

I was able to change my original Lisbon flights to coincide with the new cruise.

NCL advised they would repay any change fee that the airline charged.

However as luck would have it Easyjet waved the change fee as I am a good customer and a member of their Flight Club.

So I’ve ended up with nothing to claim from NCL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GLYNAGP said:

I have now booked a cruise on Norwegian Dawn departing Rome on 26th April 2023 for 10 days ending in Barcelona . This is the very last cruise that it would be possible to use the 20% discount given for cancellation of the original Norwegian Epic cruise.

I was able to change my original Lisbon flights to coincide with the new cruise.

NCL advised they would repay any change fee that the airline charged.

However as luck would have it Easyjet waved the change fee as I am a good customer and a member of their Flight Club.

So I’ve ended up with nothing to claim from NCL.

That's very fortunate..unfortunately  I am having quite a battle with NCL ..even though I booked another 🛳 cruise .

I would suggest that you communicate with NCL via email.  Start with customer service, compose a concise, polite letter laying out the facts and stating exactly what you want.  Give them two weeks, then escalate to the executives, one by one.  Be polite, persistent and patient. 

Your problem is their fault, but the person reading your email didn't cause the problem ... you want that person to understand your issue in one reading, and want to help you.  You can get help at no charge from Consumer Rescue, run by my good friend Michelle Couch Friedman, if you're not successful with NCL on your own.  

• Like 1