21 Day Check-in question

triptaker17

6 minutes ago, chiefy_mom said:

I’m a newbie.  Do you choose a specific check-in TIME?  And what happens if you miss that time?  

Everyone checks in online. That currently opens at 12 midnight eastern time on Day 21. 

During online check in, everyone selects a time to check in at the port. Folks that want an early pot check in time will stay up and do their online check in at midnight. 

You need

- passport

- emergency POC information

- payment information

- mug shot photo (face straight into camera, no head covering, no glasses, plain background/wall)

You will get your edocs (tickets and luggage tags) within 24 hours of completing online checkin. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, zounds said:

Thank you, Bird.  I assume NCL will be able to take my photo at the pier if I am unable to do it from home ?

And most likely they'll retake it if you do add it during check-in. They do for me every time, but I also don't take the process seriously. The one time I did, they just retook it so now I try to get the most ridiculous photo approved by their system.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zounds said:

Thank you, Bird.  I assume NCL will be able to take my photo at the pier if I am unable to do it from home ?

You need to put a picture in at home when doing your online check-in. The system won't let you continue the process without one.( At least that is the way it has been for our last three cruises, one only several months ago.) When you get to the photo section, there is an online camera you can use to take your picture. Head shot, no glasses as I recall. Might take several attempts before the "system" accepts the photo, but it is not hard to do.One out of the three times they retook our pictures at port check-in.Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...