The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 27th, 2023

richwmn

Hello from Frankfurt airport. My flight is delayed and I’ll miss my connection in Atlanta, causing a 6 hour layover and arrival at home after midnight. The joys of air travel! I’ll catch up once I’m home for a day. Prayers for all in need. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 15

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

we don't recall if the bus ride around the island was a Ho-Ho type ride.  I don't remember much to stop and get off to see.  It did stop at a hotel.  You could ask if you can get back on again at a stopping point like that.  Editing my post to say that I read Laura @Horizon chaser 1957's post from March 26, 2021 and she said they took the bus around the island and they stopped at Muri Beach for a while.  Then they got back on the bus to finish the circle.  She mentioned they have a bus that goes in each direction but I don't know why we picked the one we did.  Maybe it was next to leave.  It went clockwise and it seems like they drive on the left so my side of the bus was closest to the water for pictures.  Sit on the left side.

Thank you for bringing that wonderful day on Rarotonga back to mind!

The bus, which you can catch right at the visitors center at the pier, is the island’s public transit system. There are two busses - one circles the island clockwise, the other goes counterclockwise. That is their entire bus system. You can buy a one way ticket, meaning once you get off you have to pay again to get back on. You can also buy a return ticket which essentially gives you a day pass (or maybe it is a day pass to start with?🤔) This is MUCH cheaper than two one way fares. Later in the day, the bus is full coming back from the beaches, and you may have to let a few go by before one has room for you. OR you can cross the road and catch the outbound bus going the other way with lots of space. The ride will be about 30 minutes longer and scenic, but the wait will be about an hour shorter.

Sandi, I hope you are feeling better today - what a scary experience!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 5/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, cat shepard said:

Thank you. I guess I need to write more clearly. I like some off-dry Rieslings, but only know by tasting. 

The only test that counts.

I personally have a similar distaste for Chenin Blancs that are not completely dry.  Happily, most California makers have come to my way of thinking.  I love most Loire Valley wines except for Vouvray.  However, if I find a Vouvray Sec, I know I will like it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you for bringing that wonderful day on Rarotonga back to mind!

The bus, which you can catch right at the visitors center at the pier, is the island’s public transit system. There are two busses - one circles the island clockwise, the other goes counterclockwise. That is their entire bus system. You can buy a one way ticket, meaning once you get off you have to pay again to get back on. You can also buy a return ticket which essentially gives you a day pass (or maybe it is a day pass to start with?🤔) This is MUCH cheaper than two one way fares. Later in the day, the bus is full coming back from the beaches, and you may have to let a few go by before one has room for you. OR you can cross the road and catch the outbound bus going the other way with lots of space. The ride will be about 30 minutes longer and scenic, but the wait will be about an hour shorter.

Sandi, I hope you are feeling better today - what a scary experience!

Thank you, I'm doing much better.  I can eat again!  Also thanks for the information about the bus rides, tickets, etc.  I'm glad we found out about it beforehand and got to do that.

12 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Hello from Frankfurt airport. My flight is delayed and I’ll miss my connection in Atlanta, causing a 6 hour layover and arrival at home after midnight. The joys of air travel! I’ll catch up once I’m home for a day. Prayers for all in need. 

Sorry about sitting in the Atlanta airport so long.  They have Chick-fil-a in some of the concourses in case you are starved for their wonderful chicken sandwiches.  Plenty of time to take the train between concourses to get to one.  I'm sure there is a way to find out which restaurants are in which concourse before you get on the train like the information desk or ?.  Let us know when you are back on home soil.

• Like 2