Thermal Suite info needed.

sassy~one

Hello, I'm sailing on the Magic soon, and am thinking about getting a thermal suite pass.  Right now the cost for 1 is 196.00 (10) night cruise.  Is it best to book before I sail?  I believe last year on board for one day it was 40.00 a day.  Thanks so much. 

This is my DW favorite thing on the Magic. A must for her and at 20.00 a day a great deal. If you are looking for a relaxing place dont pass this up. She said its the best one on any of the ships she has been on.

• Like 1

The only reason to wait (and it's not a very good one), is if you think you may up grade to a spa cabin.  When we were 30 days or from our cruise on the Radiance we were offered an upgrade to a spa cabin for about the price of a single cruise long thermal pass.  Both cabins were interior, but the spa cabin is closer to the spa (duh!) And includes the thermal pass for both of us.

You may want to wait for that.  Maybe not.  If you're with 30 days, or know that you love your cabin location and aren't interested in switching anyway, book it now.  

I waited to buy onboard when I sailed the Dream. First thing on the ship after lunch I got into the long line at the spa. I asked for 2 week long passes and was told they didn't have any available. BUT I could get a week long couples pass. Ok didn't know that was an option. Turns out it was a $60 more option than getting 2 single passes. Didn't make any sense but I was using Covid OBC so just paid it.

2 hours ago, deelightfull said:

The only reason to wait (and it's not a very good one), is if you think you may up grade to a spa cabin.  When we were 30 days or from our cruise on the Radiance we were offered an upgrade to a spa cabin for about the price of a single cruise long thermal pass.  Both cabins were interior, but the spa cabin is closer to the spa (duh!) And includes the thermal pass for both of us.

You may want to wait for that.  Maybe not.  If you're with 30 days, or know that you love your cabin location and aren't interested in switching anyway, book it now.  

If that was to happen they could always cancel the Thermal suite pass purchase. As I said, the price is never cheaper onboard. 

Edited by kwokpot

On 5/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, DD fun said:

This is my DW favorite thing on the Magic. A must for her and at 20.00 a day a great deal. If you are looking for a relaxing place dont pass this up. She said its the best one on any of the ships she has been on.

Agreed...I do prefer some of the NCL spas but the Magic is my favorite on Carnival. 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, Avalon35 said:

Could you say why you like the Thermal Spa so much? And particularly why the Magic?

I have these same questions.  What is a thermal suite?  What makes the one on the Magic so great?

The Magic has my favorite spa. There is a large thermo spa tub, three rooms of heated stone loungers, sauna, steam room, relaxation room with lovely views, complimentary waters and teas, roomy spa showers. We used the area often on our last cruise.

49 minutes ago, geochick73 said:

I have these same questions.  What is a thermal suite?  What makes the one on the Magic so great?

A thermal suite is a room where all the spa facilities such as a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, communal showers, heated tile loungers, a cold room, a salt inhalation room, etc are located. 

• Like 1