Hyatt Ft Lauderdale airport and other questions

Lorenky

Hello. We just booked “Hyatt Place airport-south & cruise port” for 2 nights, $600 total with Hyatt membership, king bed upper floor. We booked this hotel because it seemed to be recommended a lot on CC and was close to airport and cruise port. Free airport shuttle but $15 per person to cruise port so $30 for that. Is this a good price for a decent hotel near the port or should I keep looking?
Also I’m reading some negative comments about taxis and Uber to the cruise port and would rather take a shuttle that actually takes me where I need to be. I assume the hotel shuttles do that? If so it’s worth the $30 for us.

Finally, if we don’t rent a car is there anything of interest in this area or easy access by taxi or other transportation?

Thanks so much.

We liked the Hyatt place  10th Ave   near Harbour Shops

A taxi is a quick trip to the port  or they do have a shuttle  for a fee  but you go to other piers  depending on where the pax are going at the time

Not sure  the prices now  seems  the hotels are making up for losses  due to the pandemic years

Please be cognizant there are Hyatts both north and south of the Fort Lauderdale airport.The north one is very, very close to the 17th Street area. There’s very good Italian food nest door, and a good number of other restaurants that are easily walkable.

The Hyatt South is officially in Dania Beach and is close to Jaxson’s Ice Cream parlor and a few other restaurants.. 

We're staying at the Hyatt on 18th Ave. This is the one with the free airport shuttle. I believe the one on 10th does not have a free airport shuttle. 

The one on 10th is closer to Port Eveglades. 

The one on 18th has lots of restaurant options within walking distance.  Also a winery a few blocks away. There's also a movie theater, comedy club, and bowling right there. 

We're taking a shuttle to the port, but we're leaving from Port of Miami. 

Thanks. The one on 18th is the first one we considered. It’s $140 cheaper for 2 nights than the one on 10th. From what you said it’s a safe neighborhood with restaurants and things of interest within walking distance? And still a good location for the cruise port, even if the one on 10th is closer? The cheaper rate and free airport shuttle are tempting. 

5 hours ago, Lorenky said:

Thanks. The one on 18th is the first one we considered. It’s $140 cheaper for 2 nights than the one on 10th. From what you said it’s a safe neighborhood with restaurants and things of interest within walking distance? And still a good location for the cruise port, even if the one on 10th is closer? The cheaper rate and free airport shuttle are tempting. 

Both are ok ..

On 5/28/2023 at 2:48 AM, Lorenky said:

18th Ave Hyatt is 5 miles away, so still pretty close. Look up Dania Pointe.

We have sailed out of Fort Lauderdale four times.  We usually stay in a hotel along 17th Street, Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, etc.  The first time we took the free hotel shuttle from the airport and the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise ship.  When we took the "free" hotel shuttle we had to wait almost an hour, boarded in a crowd, and I had to stand.  As a result there was a long line at check in.  The next day we had booked seats on the hotel shuttle at 11:00 AM.   There was a crowd waiting to board, and we had a hot ride to the ship.  Again we had to deal with a crowd getting off the bus.  The next departure (two years later) we used a cab (pre-Uber) from the airport and from the hotel.  No crowds (but there was a line for cabs), air conditioned cab, and help with our bags.  In the last few years we have used a cab from the airport and Uber/Lyft from the hotel.  No problems.  The Uber/Lyft/taxi was about $15, less than two shuttle tickets.  I have negative reviews about Uber/taxi services, but our experiences were positive.

Thanks. A taxi would be so much easier than shuttles. But why the negative reviews?  We don’t want to hire a cab who doesn’t know how to get to the cruise port or doesn’t have the correct documentation to get in. How do we hire the right taxi?

3 hours ago, Lorenky said:

Thanks. A taxi would be so much easier than shuttles. But why the negative reviews?  We don’t want to hire a cab who doesn’t know how to get to the cruise port or doesn’t have the correct documentation to get in. How do we hire the right taxi?

We asked the front desk to  call a taxi  to get to the cruise port

no problem   he had his pass ready as we pulled up to the  port entrance

Uber works great for hotel to cruise port. Done it a few times and usually waited only minutes for pickup after hailing. Price seemed reasonable. We cruised Princess and driver took us right to terminal 2 drop off location with porters waiting to take luggage.

Very reassuring,  thank you. So perhaps I should choose the more affordable Hyatt on 18th. Are there things to see and do walking distance right around there? Or is 10th street much better for that?

49 minutes ago, Lorenky said:

Very reassuring,  thank you. So perhaps I should choose the more affordable Hyatt on 18th. Are there things to see and do walking distance right around there? Or is 10th street much better for that?

Across the street from the 18th Ave Hyatt:

Dania Pointe: A Fort Lauderdale Mall and Dining Destination