Favorite diva?

Flamma

On 5/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, Flamma said:

Who’s been your favorite diva so far? Sailing next week and ours will be Martina/Mark on Valiant. Haven’t seen her before, so very curious!

We've only had Carlos both times on Scarlet Lady and LOVE LOVE LOVE. We even inadvertently had dinner with Carlos in Gunbae and didn't realize it. It was when she started to sing the next night I recognized the voice. I think it was cooler we didn't know who we were eating with. 

• Like 2

I've only experienced one Diva, Carlos; but that was one of the BEST shows I've seen in 50 cruises. Really talented performer. If you find their social media and see them out of costume you'd probably NEVER recognize...

On 5/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, Rabbi-Reefer said:

She showed up 30 minutes late to host karaoke, with zero explanation or apology, and kept asking people to buy her tequila. Our group was not impressed.

She was doing the same with our group. We'd buy her tequila then she'd take off. 

Now that we're back from first VV cruise, have to say, Carlos....We've seen numerous Divas in our lives, but hands down, Carlos was the best...She did Liza Minelli, NY, NY and we were shocked at her performance...Wonderful!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, Rabbi-Reefer said:

She showed up 30 minutes late to host karaoke, with zero explanation or apology, and kept asking people to buy her tequila. Our group was not impressed.

1 hour ago, JasonFord said:

She was doing the same with our group. We'd buy her tequila then she'd take off. 

We were on the last sailing of her contract, and we both felt that she didn't seem the least bit concerned about showing up late to her own events. She was clearly ready to go home.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aviators99 said:

Carlos.  Any idea why Bingo isn't scheduled for the June 23-28 cruise?  It shows other Diva stuff and the schedule is pretty much filled in.

It might just show in the schedule onboard. Some things don’t appear beforehand and a lot changes as the finalised schedule is on the ship. 

• Like 1