Princess Cancellation of Upgrade Bid With No Clear Explanation.

msmoger

Have any of you folks who have bid on an upgrade received the following email from Princess?  I have no idea what this is about.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call my Travel Agent since today's a U.S. holiday.  I looked at my booking on the Princess website and nothing appears to have changed.

Princess
Princess
BOOKING MODIFICATION
Dear 

Due to a change made in your reservation, your existing upgrade offer(s) has been canceled.

Confirmation #:  
Ship: Island Princess
Sailing Date: Jul 26, 2023
UPGRADE TO OFFER AMOUNT OFFER STATUS
Premium Suite $                   USD per passenger (2) Cancelled
Vista Suite $                   USD per passenger (2) Cancelled
We look forward to welcoming you onboard!
Princess Cruises
  • Haha 1

This e-mail was sent to my parents.  They were booked in an Interior.  It turned out that Princess upgraded them to a Deluxe Balcony at no extra charge.  After the upgrade, they were sent a new Bid to Upgrade e-mail with new categories (Premium Deluxe Balcony and up) and new dollar values.

Hoping for the best for you!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@msmoger, based on Post #2 above, I would immediately login to the Cruise Personalizer and check the cabin number on the reservation.

That was the first thing I did.  I'm still listed as having the Club Class Mini that was originally booked.  I'll check with my TA tomorrow.  Thanks

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

This e-mail was sent to my parents.  They were booked in an Interior.  It turned out that Princess upgraded them to a Deluxe Balcony at no extra charge.  After the upgrade, they were sent a new Bid to Upgrade e-mail with new categories (Premium Deluxe Balcony and up) and new dollar values.

Hoping for the best for you!

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞   Thanks for the feedback.

Any updates? I had a similar situation and I'm on the phone with Princess but they aren't giving me a good answer.

Edit: Update - they said something cancelled a bunch of bids in error and their advice is to just resubmit a bid. Not very helpful.

Edited by gear02

I got this email twice last fall for my cruise on the Enchanted. They turned out to be rejections of my bid to upgrade my standard balcony to a premium balcony and a club class mini suite. I went to the website and discovered that my bid to upgrade my balcony was accepted for a standard mini suite. The email confirming that arrived later that evening.