Venezia extended aft cabins

teaach02

I just read that a person on the TA Venezia cruise in an ext aft cabin asked the room steward for a lounge chair for her deep balcony. She currently had 2 chairs and a table. The steward said there were no more lounges available on the ship. I have always had a lounge chair in all my ext aft balconies. Any suggestions on how to get the lounge chair? I sent John Heald a request. I don't sail till Dec 2023 and I love my lounge chair on the ship's wake.

We used to be aft snobs and never was able to get lounge chairs for the aft balcony.   (not even on the L shaped bowling alley balcony.       Even looking at pictures there does not seem to be a lot of lounge chairs on the venezia 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:05 AM, serene56 said:

We used to be aft snobs and never was able to get lounge chairs for the aft balcony.   (not even on the L shaped bowling alley balcony.       Even looking at pictures there does not seem to be a lot of lounge chairs on the venezia 

Never have seen a aft wrap without a lounger and I have seen a lot of them

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Never have seen a aft wrap without a lounger and I have seen a lot of them

I was talking about the regular aft balconies.    Not the side one     The wrap around should have lounge chairs but I think this ship has a shortage of chairs 

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

I was talking about the regular aft balconies.    Not the side one     The wrap around should have lounge chairs but I think this ship has a shortage of chairs 

Understand all your points.  One of the reasons for posting, was that I was hoping someone was in one and see and post if there were any.  Also, I am somewhat concerned with the number of pools on the Venezia vs the amount of people. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 12:53 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Understand all your points.  One of the reasons for posting, was that I was hoping someone was in one and see and post if there were any.  Also, I am somewhat concerned with the number of pools on the Venezia vs the amount of people. 

did you see the aft extended balconies on deck 2 with the huge price tag?    the view is a white crew deck???   you can see it at 1:55   https://youtu.be/mcG78Iw9IzY

3 hours ago, coscab said:

I have aft wrap on venezia booked on deck 8, are those stairs crew stairs only and has anyone stayed in that cabin, I am thinking there might be noise from the door closing.

Aft wrap cabins rule

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coscab said:

I have aft wrap on venezia booked on deck 8, are those stairs crew stairs only and has anyone stayed in that cabin, I am thinking there might be noise from the door closing.

We have aft wrap 7 booked on Genesis so wonder same thing. As the maiden voyage is just getting to NY, I think we're just now able to learn the answer.

If the aft wrap I've booked doesn't have a lounger, I will surely be asking for one.   Two would be better.   They have time to fix their "shortage"!    Have never had an aft wrap or aft-facing on Carnival that did not have loungers.    I'll report back too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, coscab said:

I asked the same question a few weeks ago.  I notice the deck plan now has a doorway to the stairs that is not next to the aft-wrap cabin's door (oddly, this doorway did not show a few months ago when I booked).   Experience on deck 7 of (maybe) Glory was I got to hear the crew door slam shut at all hours so I did not want to be right next to it. 

Wishing that by now we had some aft wrap pics and videos from this ship!

On 6/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, Haljo1935 said:

We have aft wrap 7 booked on Genesis so wonder same thing. As the maiden voyage is just getting to NY, I think we're just now able to learn the answer.

Geez, auto correct bites. This was supposed to say booked on Venezia. 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:26 PM, coscab said:

I like that the person on the ship now took a pic for you.   Honestly, I'll say that after that pic, I went and checked if deck 7 had open aft wraps for my upcoming cruise, and they're gone.   We are thinking of bringing something we can put in that door to soften the sound when it closes!   

Also, how do you know the bathroom is right there?  I haven't seen pics of these cabins yet.  

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

I like that the person on the ship now took a pic for you.   Honestly, I'll say that after that pic, I went and checked if deck 7 had open aft wraps for my upcoming cruise, and they're gone.   We are thinking of bringing something we can put in that door to soften the sound when it closes!   

Also, how do you know the bathroom is right there?  I haven't seen pics of these cabins yet.  

I stated that maybe the bathroom is on that wall, I have no idea if that is the case, hoping for the best, might change to deck 7

2 hours ago, coscab said:

I stated that maybe the bathroom is on that wall, I have no idea if that is the case, hoping for the best, might change to deck 7

ah, ok.  I thought you had some secret intel'!   I checked last night if deck 7 was open on my 2023 cruise and it isn't.  Only deck 6, and I think that's too close to the public deck below.   I guess I'll see how it goes.   

17 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Not following what you're saying - what do you mean by "open aft wrap" and what food are you looking to put something in?

We're booked in an aft wrap, so I'm concerned about potential noise, but cannot understand what you're trying to say. Thanks!