Like Viking, but with a cosy 'pub' and nicer cocktails?

Jaffamonkey

1 minute ago, Jim Avery said:

But sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do.  It's tough being a beer drinker these days....🍺

Haha!! Next time you're back here, rather than touring the countryside, I'll take you on a craft brewery tour, visiting the ones with hand-pulled ales and/or nitro taps.

Just now, Heidi13 said:

Haha!! Next time you're back here, rather than touring the countryside, I'll take you on a craft brewery tour, visiting the ones with hand-pulled ales and/or nitro taps.

That sounds great!  We will just skip the HAL cruise and get to know the Vancouver area.  🍺🍺

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

One not mentioned yet is Azamara, similar R ships to Oceania but personally our preferred line. Tips are included as are most drinks at all times, small ship, great library (except Azamara Onward). Hop over to the Azamara board they are a very friendly bunch even though at the moment there have been some glitches due to their new computer system.

Happy planning

Greetings

Onward doesn't have a library but instead has a very good craft bar in it's place. We are the "bar people" you will find every evening (and some afternoons) at one of the ship's bars. We really enjoyed the "Atlas Bar" on board the Onward. We cruise Oceania very often. They are more old school with the dark wood and comfy sofas. Just off a Viking Ocean a few weeks back. The bartenders were very good and indeed could make almost anything. The beer selection was good but were mainly bottles. Viking's decor is "Glass and Chrome" but the service was top notch.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coljack said:

I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed on Viking, but I think Regent Seven Seas has a better selection of cozy bars, though not exactly pubs.  On Viking, the Observation Lounge is fine but definitely not a cozy bar.    Regent is the more all-inclusive sister line to Oceania.  On Regent, everything is just free--no need to show anything.  On Oceania you have to show that you have purchased the drink package.  Food is best on Regent, second Oceania and third Viking.  I did a detailed comparison of Viking and Regent (I like both.). If you email me, I will send it to you.  johnmauss@earthlink.net

Plus the food will be better on Regent,  Oceania or Azamara over Viking (IMHO).  Good luck.

10 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Hmmm...now I have gotten Grimbergen Double Dark and Carnegie Porter beers in bottles on all our Viking cruises.

I hadn’t had a Grimbergen since we lived in Europe and was delighted to see them unloading cases of it at the pool bar on my last cruise! It was even better than I remembered. 

• Like 1

Torshaven is far from a "cozy" spot.  It's a loud, dark, music venue that caters to a late night crowd.  Conversation is tough and the atmosphere is far from relaxing.  The only plus is that the bar is stocked with spirits that they don't put in any of the other venues.

And those warm "throws" in the Observation lounge have a nasty habit of shedding hair onto your clothing.  Beware before you sit on one of them.

Edited by FlyerTalker

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Torshaven is far from a "cozy" spot.  It's a loud, dark, music venue that caters to a late night crowd.  Conversation is tough and the atmosphere is far from relaxing.  The only plus is that the bar is stocked with spirits that they don't put in any of the other venues.

And those warm "throws" in the Observation lounge have a nasty habit of shedding hair onto your clothing.  Beware before you sit on one of them.

LOL the reindeer pelts sure do shed!  Got in the habit of folding it back whenever i sat on a sofa with one.  Have enough shedding dogs at home.

• Like 1