Royal Up

44 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...but not the cruise credit points if you're going from a category less than a JS.

'but not necessarily the cruise credit points' would be a better answer, based on historical experience.

2 hours ago, bayportkat said:

Just got Royal Up email for our room on an upcoming Oasis trip. There is one person traveling in that room. Do we still pay the Royal Up cost for two?  I assume yes but wanted to check before bidding. Thanks. 

Yep.  States so where you bid (3rd bullet), and will show bid 'per person' after you bid.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bayportkat said:

Just got Royal Up email for our room on an upcoming Oasis trip. There is one person traveling in that room. Do we still pay the Royal Up cost for two?  I assume yes but wanted to check before bidding. Thanks. 

Same price = two times your bid.  One person, two people, three people, four people.  two times your bid.

(they should just make the bid, the price.  But nooooooooooooooooo.  Some psychologist told them that this works better <roll eyes>)

• Like 3

Hi,

I had a guarantee boardwalk balcony cabin and submitted a few bids. Today I have been assigned a boardwalk balcony room, am I still on the RoyalUp, status says submitted, thanks

We are booked on Odyssey of the Seas on the 2nd July. We kinda booked last minute and managed to score a good deal. I still think there was a glitch in the system as the Balcony cabin was quite a bit cheaper than Ocean View. Got RoyalUp email and did put in a few bids. Not much hope as the cruise seems to be filling up, and out of all the upgrades we bid for, only 1 Junior Suite looks available. But let's see, Fingers Crossed. We are happy with our assigned cabin, but would appreciate an earlier boarding time, that the upgrade would give us. As we booked last minute, only late boarding times were available. 🙄

1 hour ago, Pierre87USA said:

I still think there was a glitch in the system as the Balcony cabin was quite a bit cheaper than Ocean View.

Welcome to CC.

Odyssey, as part of Q class ships, has some of the highest ratio of balconies to insides/OVs so it's not unusual to have balconies priced lower (especially GTY) than an inside or OV.

Edited by Biker19

On 6/12/2023 at 12:08 PM, shilu said:

Hi,

I had a guarantee boardwalk balcony cabin and submitted a few bids. Today I have been assigned a boardwalk balcony room, am I still on the RoyalUp, status says submitted, thanks

Yes,  your guarantee assignment is unrelated to your Royalup bid.  "Submitted" means that you are still in the hunt.

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes,  your guarantee assignment is unrelated to your Royalup bid.

I think the poster was alluding to the fact that many have reported previously their bids being cancelled whenever there's a notable modification to the booking, like a cabin assignment.

• Thanks 1