Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet

quack2

It’s very simple to add your NCL boarding passes to Apple wallet. Just download the free app called Pass4Wallet. Scan the barcode from your edoc and voilà! You can also select the ship icon, enter name, destination etc. It’ll look like this:IMG_6458.thumb.jpeg.a7cf46c25400bd01fe8b5b681a6fdc9c.jpeg

35 minutes ago, CanuckCruiser23 said:

It’s very simple to add your NCL boarding passes to Apple wallet. Just download the free app called Pass4Wallet. Scan the barcode from your edoc and voilà! You can also select the ship icon, enter name, destination etc. It’ll look like this:

NCL does not really use the "boarding pass" for anything. No real value to saving it in your wallet. At check-in, they are really only looking for the spelling of your name. Once you get to check-in, you are handed your real room key. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL does not really use the "boarding pass" for anything. No real value to saving it in your wallet. At check-in, they are really only looking for the spelling of your name. Once you get to check-in, you are handed your real room key. 

You seem very upset with “techie” people. Some of us don’t want to print out & waste tons of paper. As easy as it is for you to throw away a piece of paper, it is for us to just delete from our Apple wallet. Ohh & it’s screenshot not screen capture. Relax it’s about cruising, not whose way is better

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cabincop said:

Some of us don’t want to print out & waste tons of paper.

I download a PDF of the document and save it to my phone.  Easier than trying to get it into a 'wallet' of some kind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

I download a PDF of the document and save it to my phone.  Easier than trying to get it into a 'wallet' of some kind.

That's what I do as well. Not because I'm not tech savvy ( I am...) but because it's the easiest in my opinion for things I'll only use once or twice. Often I take a screenshot of the barcode or QR code and put it as a widget on one of my phone home screens. Things that come with a "dowload to Wallet" (wether Google or Apple) go into the "Wallet", things that don't will go into gallery/ download folder/home screen.
I often carry paper copies as well to be on the safe side, but I do prefer to keep things on my phone and not have to pull up papers. (I'm not just talking NCL boardin pass here, but in general.)

On 6/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, mking8288 said:

Slightly off-topic, tips & tricks - 

There is an "undocumented" option to download the "Norwegian" App (iOS and Android) onboard NCL ships, as long as you are connected properly to its WiFi inTRAnet (not using airtime minutes) - once you get to the "Sign On" screen - look closely & you should a small icon/link at the bottom of that webpage, it is free for "you" the user to download & install the NCL App on the spot (if you forgotten to do that before embarkation).  The app is, apparently, stored onboard ship's cached server and will install - an airtime allowance of 10 minutes associated with that session is given, free, at no extra charge whatsoever as the "connection" is typically sluggish & slow at best.  

P.S.  Once done & installed, with a bit of luck, you might still have 3 to 5 minutes of "free" access to browse the inTERnet as long as you do not log out & disconnect.  This will only work one-time on a given cruise, for devices that hasn't been registered and/or added to the whitelist under your account (as in "Remember the device" option, enabled)  Have fun & do tell & share if this "trick" works - that you read it here first on CC and past it along.    

This is how I used to use wifi on Delta before they made it free. Download the Delta app link triggers free wifi 15 minutes or so and I could use that exactly 10 times. That's more than enough for a long-haul flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I send mine to iBooks, just easy for me to remember where it is when they ask for it, mine and my brides

i save a copy of the edocs to my computer and my ipad, but i use a photo of the bar code, stored in "photos" on my phone to actually check in.

my spidey sense tells me that some of the resistance to storing things in the "wallet" is from android users who may be unfamiliar with the concept of the apple wallet and how some companies provide links to easily download purchased products (airline tickets, theatre tickets, hotel reservations, etc.) to the apple wallet for storage and retrieval.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UKstages said:

some companies provide links to easily download purchased products (airline tickets, theatre tickets, hotel reservations, etc.) to the apple wallet for storage and retrieval.

A lot of them are providing links to download for Android's wallet as well...

• Like 2

I work at an entertainment venue and quite a few iPhone users also don't use their wallet. Some have even removed the app completely. They mistakenly think that it will somehow put their financial data at risk. As we all stand there waiting for internet connectivity so they can access their tickets via some other app. lol

• Like 1

You can’t delete the Wallet app from an iPhone. You can delete it from the Home Screen but it stays in your App Library. Also, you do not need the internet to access boarding passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc. You only need internet to use your credit card.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckCruiser23 said:

Also, you do not need the internet to access boarding passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc. You only need internet to use your credit card.

if you haven't taken a screenshot of your boarding card or tickets or loyalty cards or whatnot or loaded them into your wallet, you do indeed need the internet to access those documents. this is precisely what was referenced in post #35. 

12 minutes ago, CanuckCruiser23 said:

You can’t delete the Wallet app from an iPhone. You can delete it from the Home Screen but it stays in your App Library. Also, you do not need the internet to access boarding passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc. You only need internet to use your credit card.

I am aware of all of that. Simply repeating what I've been told by people who do not want to put their event tickets into their wallet.

31 minutes ago, UKstages said:

if you haven't taken a screenshot of your boarding card or tickets or loyalty cards or whatnot or loaded them into your wallet, you do indeed need the internet to access those documents. this is precisely what was referenced in post #35. 

We’re talking about boarding passes that are in your wallet.

39 minutes ago, CanuckCruiser23 said:

We’re talking about boarding passes that are in your wallet.

some folks are, some are not.

kindly read posts #35 and #36 again.

it is entirely unclear what is being referenced.

first you talked about how you could not remove apple wallet from the phone. then you were replying to the previous poster who said he had to wait for his venue attendees (who did not use apple wallet) to access their tickets using the internet. and in reply, you said "also, you do not need the internet to access boarding passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc."

but using the wallet was not a part of that discussion, as the previous poster had already indicated that folks were not using the wallet under his scenario.