Cabin categories (specifically aft)

Monica887

I usually do a regular balcony room. I'm about to try Haven, but that won't be an every time thing. I'm already dreaming of next summer, and want to do Alaska (again) but with an aft facing balcony. 

What categories have aft facing? What's the difference between a Suite and a Club Balcony suite? What's the most cost effective aft facing room type and what's the difference between that and upgraded options? I really just want to sit aft facing on my balcony all day and otherwise pretty much not move...LOL....

I'm not fancy - just a tired educator who is ready for a break.

Category B1 cabin 10168 on the Jewel is a very nice large aft balcony. Can fit 2 loungers and two chairs. Would be perfect for Alaska. We had this Jewel cabin for a Caribbean cruise and the comparable 10668 on the Pearl for Alaska. There is one other aft cabin on the other side that has the same large size balcony.

We love afts and will have two aft cabins for our Alaska cruise next summer on the Encore. Those are also category B1. No extra amenities with B1.

Check out prices to see how the family suites and club balcony suite cabin prices compare to the aft cabins. Our aft was priced higher for 3 people, can't remember if it was for 2. They should also list the differences/amenities in the cabins.

Edited by Firehunter

On the Jewel class ships decks 8,9 and 10 have aft suites and balconies. The outermost suites have the largest ones followed by the two inner suites and then there are two balcony rooms inbetween. Decks 8, and 9 have similar but smaller balconies. NCL actually put the suites on deck 10 in a separate category and made them more expensive than those on decks 8 and 9, The Sun is different as they have two penthouse suites on the corners on decks 8,9 and 10 these are large suites with a separate bedrooms and extra large balconies. Club Balconies are similar to balcony rooms but are just slightly larger. I can't speak for the Encore or Bliss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Decks 8, and 9 have similar but smaller balconies. NCL actually put the suites on deck 10 in a separate category and made them more expensive than those on decks 8 and 9, T

And that's because the balconies of the Deck 10 aft-facing Penthouse suites are larger than on Decks 8 and 9. NCL saw that Deck 10 booked up faster, and found a way to monetize this.

(Similar changes in categories, with price differences, in the forward-facing Penthouse Suites on Decks 9 and 10 on the Jewel-class ships.) 

Also note that on the Jewel class ships the aft facing penthouses on decks eight and nine (category SN) NCL still has the obscure wording that only "select" or "most" cabins get butler and concierge services.