Copenhagen to Copenhagen June 11-25 Sailing The Coast of Norway

SLSD

9 hours ago, purpleally said:

“Would only”. Seabourn owed you nothing.

Seabourn is doing whatever it can to fill its ships.  On the itinerary following ours we heard that there were going to be slightly over 300 passengers. This is on Ovation which can hold 600 plus a few passengers.   This is why they were offering special status to Crystal cruisers.  Offering perks cost SB little but gained them some frequent cruisers who might choose SB for a number of cruises.  I don't begrudge the Crystal cruisers having a few perks.  

There were several people who wanted to extend and stay on Ovation for the Iceland itinerary as there was room and the price was right.  Unfortunately, most could not extend because their Seabourn air package could not be changed without great expense.  

36 minutes ago, maryogreen said:

@SLSD It was great to meet you on board! This thread has been terrific and should be extremely useful for anyone planning a similar itinerary. Thanks for sharing such a thorough day-to-day recap of our voyage. 😊

Mary

Travel Blog: https://www.themodernpostcard.com

Mary, I enjoyed our dinners with you and Herb  so much  and I look forward to your curated report on your blog.  It was such a fun voyage and we are still recovering from it!  I'm making my first foray to the grocery store shortly wondering why others are not preparing our meals.  

By the way, Mary recognized me onboard  at tea time because she saw me typing a post on my laptop and recognized the  Cruise Critic page

Psahoy recognized us as he overheard my Mr. SLSD saying he was from Dallas and  hehad seen my posts about our excursions here.  We had been on several excursions with him.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, PAZE said:

Did anyone take the zodiac around Storstappen Island? Thoughts?

Is that the zodiac excursion to view Puffins?  I read on a facebook group today that an August Storstapphen zodiac tour has been cancelled due to "operational reasons".  I ask if this is the puffin excursions as friends on our cruise told us that they were told their zodiac could not approach the island due to rules by Norway.  They were disappointed.  

4 hours ago, SLSD said:

Is that the zodiac excursion to view Puffins?  I read on a facebook group today that an August Storstapphen zodiac tour has been cancelled due to "operational reasons".  I ask if this is the puffin excursions as friends on our cruise told us that they were told their zodiac could not approach the island due to rules by Norway.  They were disappointed.  

We are scheduled for the zodiac excursion around Storstappen islands August 12.  We received an email from Seabourn today that the departure time has been modified due to “operational considerations.” Rather than the previously stated departure time of 6 am, “the departure time will be assigned on board.  All other aspects of the tour will remain the same.” No other information was provided, and nothing about cancellation. 
This is one of the excursions I have been most excited about, I do hope it is still permitted.  

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 3:08 AM, PAZE said:

Did you use Seabourn or a third party for this tour? Thank you.

I was rereading here and now realize you are talking about the ferry tour at Stavanger.  This is a ship's tour and it was a lot of fun.  We had an excellent guide and the stop for waffles was enjoyed by everyone.  

Edited by SLSD

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, lincslady said:

Thank you for posting about this trip.  I tend to agree with Mr .SLSD on sticking with Seabourn  if you  find the 'ambiance' on board particularly to your liking, as that on both Regent and Silversea are different (have done a few on both in the past), and if that is to a great extent what draws you back to SB, then I personally would stick with it.  Not the most important thing for some, but it is for me.

I agree with you that the ambience may be the most important thing.  I've spent a number of days looking at other cruise lines and I'm just not willing to book them.  

42 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I agree with you that the ambience may be the most important thing.  I've spent a number of days looking at other cruise lines and I'm just not willing to book them.  

I believe you’ve read that I cruised another lux line exclusively for many years and took my first of several SB cruises last summer.  I tried not to compare the 2 lines (not always easy) and discovered there was very little I missed with a couple of exceptions.  My husband and I love the ambiance on seabourn and for the foreseeable future, we see no need to go back to our previous lux cruise line nor cruise another one.  

Nancy

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I believe you’ve read that I cruised another lux line exclusively for many years and took my first of several SB cruises last summer.  I tried not to compare the 2 lines (not always easy) and discovered there was very little I missed with a couple of exceptions.  My husband and I love the ambiance on seabourn and for the foreseeable future, we see no need to go back to our previous lux cruise line nor cruise another one.  

Nancy

This is good to know Nancy.  I am not all that impressed with the food on Seabourn--but it is not bad.  The ambience really suits us.  

9 minutes ago, SLSD said:

This is good to know Nancy.  I am not all that impressed with the food on Seabourn--but it is not bad.  The ambience really suits us.  

We like the food, don’t love the food…hoping for some enhancements! 😀

nancy 

14 minutes ago, nancygp said:

We like the food, don’t love the food…hoping for some enhancements! 😀

nancy 

I guess that is what I would say--we don't love the food--except for some dishes.  It is ok.  

• Like 1

Just now, bizinsider said:

You never know where I will show up. Blink and you will miss me! 😎

lol!   Quite informative!

so glad you and Mary had a wonderful trip…her blog is terrific.  We’re heading to Alaska soon for a wonderful seabourn adventure and time in Vancouver…sure beats my houston heat and humidity.

nancy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nancygp said:

lol!   Quite informative!

so glad you and Mary had a wonderful trip…her blog is terrific.  We’re heading to Alaska soon for a wonderful seabourn adventure and time in Vancouver…sure beats my houston heat and humidity.

nancy

Hmmm, I wonder whether we might cross paths in Alaska?  August 11, Odyssey?

There is, apparently, a large dog at present in a Queen's Grill cabin on a QM2 Atlantic crossing, a 'support' dog for its owner.  So it is not just Seabourn.  This in spite of the fact that there are kennels on QM2.  Sadly, this trend seems to be spreading.

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

There is, apparently, a large dog at present in a Queen's Grill cabin on a QM2 Atlantic crossing, a 'support' dog for its owner.  So it is not just Seabourn.  This in spite of the fact that there are kennels on QM2.  Sadly, this trend seems to be spreading.

I suppose that this dog could have the correct certificates to be an assistance animal.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, nancygp said:

we’re on the July 28th voyage…can’t wait…wishing you a great cruise

Hi Nancygp:

We will see you next week!  We did the 14 day Alaska cruise last year and are doing it again this year.  I will be easy to find...  just look up (I am the tall guy).  🙂 

89 in Redmond (east of Seattle) yesterday, but only 87 today.  But it is dry heat!  🙂

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, nancygp said:

we’re on the July 28th voyage…can’t wait…wishing you a great cruise

Nancy

14 hours ago, DTtravelers said:

Hi Nancygp:

We will see you next week!  We did the 14 day Alaska cruise last year and are doing it again this year.  I will be easy to find...  just look up (I am the tall guy).  🙂 

89 in Redmond (east of Seattle) yesterday, but only 87 today.  But it is dry heat!  🙂

I would really appreciate your posting any favorite waitstaff of bartenders, would shorten our search for the best of the best when we board on August 11.  Have a lovely sail!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

I would really appreciate your posting any favorite waitstaff of bartenders, would shorten our search for the best of the best when we board on August 11.  Have a lovely sail!

Thanks, can’t wait.  I’d appreciate if you remind me about this towards the end of my cruise.

Nancy