current Price for Lawn Club Grill?

39august

For my upcoming Reflection cruise the Lawn Club Grill is listed at $32.99 for the first cruise night dining and $44.99 for the other nights which is listed as a 10% discount from booking onboard pricing listed as $50.00.

8 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks. Way over-priced when the 20% gratuity is added in my opinion. 

Would someone please explain to me why the 20% gratuity is added on just about everything. Is this simply a money grab?  I just don’t get it since I’m already paying gratuities.  I understand the debt but seriously!  Thanks. 

• Like 1

My understanding is the gratuities already paid are for other areas of the ship, not the specialty restaurants so when you book there they add the tip there because you technically haven't paid for tips for the staff at the restaurant.

• Like 1

Many years ago we paid $25.00 for the lunch at Lawn Club.  We had read from others that it was an amazing burger so we decided to try for ourselves.  The burger was good...not amazing for us...we were packed in VERY closely with others which was the biggest drawback...it was a we tried it,  but from our personal perspective, it was not worth the money.  We are going their for dinner on our next cruise with our specialty dining package that helps lower the cost.  

16 hours ago, REEtired said:

Would someone please explain to me why the 20% gratuity is added on just about everything. Is this simply a money grab?  I just don’t get it since I’m already paying gratuities.  I understand the debt but seriously!  Thanks. 

Short answer yes.  Longer answer, most or all of the gratuity goes to the crew which allows X to pay less in wages.  Unfortunately, tipping is spreading everywhere as it saves companies money and/or makes the job more attractive to the employee