Only second Princess cruise drink pkg question

Purplsmurf

Hello all. We will be taking a cruise in October. We are Celebrity cruisers, so this will be only our second Princess cruise. When we booked late 2022, we got the Plus drink package (drinks up to $12). It has since changed to $15/ drink, but we have to pay to change it. What are other’s experiences? When buying a drink at a bar, how do they know when you purchased the cruise to know if there is a $12 or $15 max? I have “heard” that regardless, it will be $15/drink, I’m not going to upgrade to get the current package because I can’t eat the specialty ice cream so that doesn’t interest me. Thank you for any help?

It will somehow magically notify the staff that you are booked under Princess Plus $40 or $50.  You will get drinks up to $15 but will not be able to get the desserts or gym classes.  Believe me, you are not missing out on much.  Not sure about getting your medallion shipped for free.  I ordered mine before the up-charge.  

2 hours ago, blizzard44ca said:

You will be able to have any drink up to $15 (and pay only the difference above $15).

You will not receive free desserts or fitness classes unless you pay to upgrade.

Thank you! I can’t even eat the desserts so that’s good for me. I drink champagne so just wondered if I will be paying a $5 upcharge or $8…….$5 sounds much better 😂

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Thank you! I can’t even eat the desserts so that’s good for me. I drink champagne so just wondered if I will be paying a $5 upcharge or $8…….$5 sounds much better 😂

You will only pay the up charge from $15 plus 18% on that portion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Hello all. We will be taking a cruise in October. We are Celebrity cruisers, so this will be only our second Princess cruise. When we booked late 2022, we got the Plus drink package (drinks up to $12). It has since changed to $15/ drink, but we have to pay to change it. What are other’s experiences? When buying a drink at a bar, how do they know when you purchased the cruise to know if there is a $12 or $15 max? I have “heard” that regardless, it will be $15/drink, I’m not going to upgrade to get the current package because I can’t eat the specialty ice cream so that doesn’t interest me. Thank you for any help?

I’m guessing you’ve checked, and the current price for the category you booked, to include the Plus package, has not dropped below what you initially booked the cruise for. When we have refared some of our older bookings where we either paid $40 or $50 per person for the Plus package, the refare did include any new perks to include the upgraded Plus package.

20 hours ago, Ace_Caliente said:

FYI here is a blog post that lists recent drink prices. A lot is covered for $15.

https://cruisingkids.co.uk/princess-cruises-drinks-prices/

Thanks, great information. This helps with making our decision to buy the drink package. We aren't big drinkers, but it seems like just a few drinks, lattes, water, etc a day will pay to get the package.