Passport card ok?

20 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not after 2025 there won’t be, via federal mandate 

The Feds can really only mandate things under their own jurisdiction which is why we get the following from the Real ID Act (Section 202 d)

"(11) In any case in which the State issues a driver's license or identification card that does not satisfy the requirements of this section, ensure that such license or identification card-- (A) clearly states on its face that it may not be accepted by any Federal agency for federal identification or any other official purpose; and (B) uses a unique design or color indicator to alert Federal agency and other law enforcement personnel that it may not be accepted for any such purpose."

States can continue issuing driver's licenses however they want, as long as they are clearly marked as not federally compliant.  Some states will go to Real ID licenses/IDs only, but some will continue to allow the option for a non-federal license.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, Another_Critic said:

They are probably confusing Global Entry with TSA pre-check (which you can get at Office Depot).

I did my GE "interview" on arrival (from LHR) at PHL.  No appointment necessary.  🙂

We are doing ours next week.  Nowadays yes you do need appts and, depending where you are, they can go up to 6 months out.  Ours were originally in February and we made the appts in September.  Luckily some appts happened to open up in Miami the day of our cruise so we chose them.

we do have TSA precheck and we did not get ours from office depot.  I believe it has to be a government approved facility.

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

we do have TSA precheck and we did not get ours from office depot.  I believe it has to be a government approved facility.

Office Depot COULD be a "government approved facility".  My (and my wife's) interview was at a Staples office store.

While walking through a mall in Medford, OR, a photo developing store had a sign outside saying "TSA Precheck Interviews done here" (something like that).  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Office Depot COULD be a "government approved facility".  My (and my wife's) interview was at a Staples office store.

While walking through a mall in Medford, OR, a photo developing store had a sign outside saying "TSA Precheck Interviews done here" (something like that).  

Yes it could.  We have one in our mall in NJ.  Hence why I said has to be an approved one. 

As an aside, there are a few broker sites online where you can apply for TSA precheck, passports, or Global entry as well.  Personally, I choose to go through the "official" website and do as much of the legwork myself.  I discovered the above when researching how to do Global entry on my own.  

13 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Yup. My interview was in an H&R Block during the off-season for taxes.

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We are doing ours next week.  Nowadays yes you do need appts and, depending where you are, they can go up to 6 months out.  Ours were originally in February and we made the appts in September.  Luckily some appts happened to open up in Miami the day of our cruise so we chose them.

Getting tsa precheck is ok to get at office depot isn’t it?