NOT SUCH A "JOY"OUS CRUISE

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  There are many who for medical reasons (either past history, or just being educated) avoid significant amounts of sunshine.  I would suggest that those who find great enjoyment in being baked by the sun should probably just go and lay on a beach somewhere.  Does that other poster really think that this is what cruising is all about?

No of course not. My humor did not translate very well, sorry.

15 minutes ago, carohs said:

No of course not. My humor did not translate very well, sorry.

Thanks for that.  I can't spend time in the sun.  I really don't miss it, but understand that others do enjoy it.  I would recommend they review this with their PCP at their earliest convenience.  

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

2 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Carohs ~ We dropped our bags with the porter; we only had two carry-on bags so carrying them with us was not the issue.  Keycards were given to us at check-in at the terminal so we had them already but when we are told that the staterooms are not ready and they don't want us going there before our deck is called, we pay attention to that.  We don't feel that we are entitled to go against their guidelines.

Chilling on the sundeck would be an option if there had been a place to sit and chill, so there's that.

Land hotels do have later check-in times, but because the cruise lines do staggered check-in for 5,000 passengers and have to start around 11:00 that leaves a lot of idle time when there is no seating available and no real activities going on.

Please do not tell me there is 5000 passengers on the Joy. We booked her for next June 2 to Bermuda. I can't handle that many people. Yike! 

• Haha 1