What is the difference? Confused...

TopofWorld

Hi to everyone.  I do not know if this is an inane question, and apologies if it does not make sense. I was looking at the Sun Princess deck plans and noticed, for example on deck 15, cabin 15604 as category D2, and cabin 15460 as category D1. Description is exactly the same. Even more strange, cabin 16460 directly above 15460 is marked as category D2. Any ideas as to the differences of these 2 categories? They look identical to me, but then again not a seasoned Princess customer. Thank you all.

37 minutes ago, skynight said:

No interior difference between the D1 and D2 except location. Normally the higher cat., D1, would be  more mid ship. I would say 15604 will be in high demand with its large balcony and slightly lower cat.

I agree with you that 15604 will be in high demand because of the slightly lower cat., but I wonder how much wind that balcony will be subjected to when the ship is moving.  15460 would have a balcony that is protected from the wind.

These balconies remind me of the bump-outs on the Coral and Island.  I know that those balconies had an overlook issue with the nearby balconies.  You could see onto other people's balconies, and they could see you.

7 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I agree with you that 15604 will be in high demand because of the slightly lower cat., but I wonder how much wind that balcony will be subjected to when the ship is moving.  15460 would have a balcony that is protected from the wind.

These balconies remind me of the bump-outs on the Coral and Island.  I know that those balconies had an overlook issue with the nearby balconies.  You could see onto other people's balconies, and they could see you.

Loved the bump-out on the Island.

On 6/20/2023 at 3:37 PM, TopofWorld said:

Hi to everyone.  I do not know if this is an inane question, and apologies if it does not make sense. I was looking at the Sun Princess deck plans and noticed, for example on deck 15, cabin 15604 as category D2, and cabin 15460 as category D1. Description is exactly the same. Even more strange, cabin 16460 directly above 15460 is marked as category D2. Any ideas as to the differences of these 2 categories? They look identical to me, but then again not a seasoned Princess customer. Thank you all.

As one gets towards top of ship, cabin category can adjust.  Deck 17 is an open air deck, although there is a cabin above the Deck 16 cabin you mention.  That cabin on 17 is also a D2 and Deck 18 is open deck.  Deck 16 is fully cabins, so Deck 15 is a top D1 category.  Similarly, Deck 14 cabin is a D1.

Seems fairly typical of Princess, but let's remember this is a brand new ship and new cabin types/styles, so hard to say definitively.  Also, Princess has re-designated various cabins on the Royal Class after around for a bit and they may do that on Sun Class too - especially if they see certain D2's sell like hotcakes before D1's.

Thank you all for your time. Much appreciated. Booked 15604 for a really good price. Privacy is not a big issue for us - nothing for the neighbors to see 🙂 but wind might be an issue - will see. Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TopofWorld said:

Thank you all for your time. Much appreciated. Booked 15604 for a really good price. Privacy is not a big issue for us - nothing for the neighbors to see 🙂 but wind might be an issue - will see. Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship .....

Do give us an update, once OB. TIA