San Francisco arrival times

JerseyShore

42 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

Does it really make a difference if you select an arrival time or just go to the ship?

Cruising from San Francisco many times, I live here, I’ve never seen the arrival time in-forced or checked. 

FYI…I choose to not want to deal with long check-in lines, if that happens, so I’m outside the terminal by 9:30 am & am usually one of the first group of people into the terminal, usually around 10 am after the ship is cleared.  I then have a good place to sit down & am ready when the boarding is started. 

Another plus is hopefully I can drop of any carryon & enjoy the ship & get ready for the MDR lunch at 12 noon. 

Hopefully my bags might arrive sooner as they were checked in real early.  

Staying at a hotel near the cruise terminal, Fisherman’s Wharf, will hopefully avoid any traffic problems getting to the ship. 

Hope these tips are helpful. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyShore said:

Does it really make a difference if you select an arrival time or just go to the ship?

It most certainly doesn't if you are booked in a Suite or Reserve Mini or are Captain's Circle Elite or Platinum.  All have priority check-in service.

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

Staying at a hotel near the cruise terminal, Fisherman’s Wharf, will hopefully avoid any traffic problems getting to the ship. 

Tom😀

Any suggestions for a hotel for one night?

What would a taxi cost from airport to port?

25 minutes ago, phabric said:

What would a taxi cost from airport to port?

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf.  Safe and clean, staff has always been great.  They offer a breakfast buffet in the morning to hold you over until you get on the ship.  We take a taxi to the port in the morning, usually around $15 or you can Uber/Lyft.  We take Amtrak in so I don't know the taxi cost from the airport.

52 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf.  Safe and clean, staff has always been great.  They offer a breakfast buffet in the morning to hold you over until you get on the ship.  We take a taxi to the port in the morning, usually around $15 or you can Uber/Lyft.  We take Amtrak in so I don't know the taxi cost from the airport.

Can you walk to attractions in the area or need a taxi?  We have knee problems so slow walking.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Can you walk to attractions in the area or need a taxi?  We have knee problems so slow walking.

It depends on what you want to see and how much you can walk.  I go out and about on my own since my hubby has mobility problems.  Have you been to San Francisco before?

1 minute ago, marden1970 said:

It depends on what you want to see and how much you can walk.  I go out and about on my own since my hubby has mobility problems.  Have you been to San Francisco before?

I was there late 1979, my sister in law lived there.

I was thinking HOHO if close by.

Maybe Princess post cruise excursion as flight home will be very late.

9 hours ago, phabric said:

Use this link & you can scroll & see what’s around…https://www.instantstreetview.com/@37.806262,-122.416126,335.11h,20.21p,1z,6B8EANmd75WOcPOO2B6vTQ

One option is to use the Hop-On/Off bus that you can board at the Wharf. 

I counted 4 blocks to fishermans wharf. 

A short walk you will see our Muni F line which will take to & from Pier 39 which is a great place to visit. See my photo. The F line will also take you to downtown San Francisco where we have a mall on Market street & Macy’s near by. 

I use either UBER/LYFT vs a taxi as it’s usually cheaper especially if a lot of traffic. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😀

image.png

10 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

$50+

Ouch. Will be going from port to hotel near airport. Never done Uber/Lyft so will have to suck up taxi cost. Would like to find someplace to drop off my one bag for a few hours and hang around the port area since check-in at hotel is late and not much to do in the area but hang around the lobby. 😬

9 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Ouch. Will be going from port to hotel near airport. Never done Uber/Lyft so will have to suck up taxi cost. Would like to find someplace to drop off my one bag for a few hours and hang around the port area since check-in at hotel is late and not much to do in the area but hang around the lobby. 😬

Perhaps there is an hotel in the area where you could leave a bag. I’ve done that before even tho I wasn’t staying there. 

Tom😀

19 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Look up Luggage Hero

On 6/23/2023 at 6:58 AM, phabric said:

We stay at the Hilton Financial District… which is really just one block from Chinatown. Several restaurants close by, and Chinatown just fun to walk around. We are able to walk to the ship from the hotel (maybe a 15-20 min walk), but we have no mobility issues.