Video On Crystal Cruises Web Site

Keith1010

I mentioned yesterday that on the Crystal website home page there is a terrific video featuring Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio. You just have to scroll down and you will see it.

I want to add that for those of you who are receiving the Crystal e-mails one has gone out which features this video so more people will hear about it.

Full disclosure. I have watched the video three times. It makes me feel wonderful about what is in store for us.

Bags are packed. Ready to go. Can't wait.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

The main impression I got from the video was his intent to recreate as close to possible, Crystal as it was prior to bankruptcy.  This is a very smart move and if accomplished will get them off to  a great start with good reviews. 

Changes will be made as the product evolves but starting with the "intent to recreate" with improvements rather than develop a new Crystal is a smart move.  We will be on the Serenity in October and look forward to seeing our old friends.

As I was typing this I received an email from one of our favorite Crystal employees telling us about their return to the Symphony on July 31st.    This makes us even more confident about the future of Crystal.

• Like 4

Just now, TRIPACIAN said:

The main impression I got from the video was his intent to recreate as close to possible, Crystal as it was prior to bankruptcy.  This is a very smart move and if accomplished will get them off to  a great start with good reviews. 

Changes will be made as the product evolves but starting with the "intent to recreate" with improvements rather than develop a new Crystal is a smart move.  We will be on the Serenity in October and look forward to seeing our old friends.

As I was typing this I received an email from one of our favorite Crystal employees telling us about their return to the Symphony on July 31st.    This makes us even more confident about the future of Crystal.

Absolutely  This has been a very consistent message that I have heard from several people at Crystal.

I call it a recipe for success.

Take what was great about Crystal and build upon that with new enhancements (ingredients) to make it even better.

Example, The crew returning. Umi Uma. Even brining back Tastes.  At the same time improve upon it by enhancing the Italian Specialty Restaurant with Osteria D'Ovidio.  In time, we will see the impact of A&K for pre and post cruise options and other shore excursion offerings.  They are also addressing some area of the ship that long ago people had mentioned.

Keith

23 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

If you go to the Crystal Cruises Home Page and scroll down you will see a video from Manfredi which was just added to the site.

Great video.Chee

www.crystalcruises.com

Keith

Keith,

I can't find the video.  Where is it actually?

Cheers

Rod

32 minutes ago, Zele said:

Keith,

I can't find the video.  Where is it actually?

Cheers

Rod

Rod

Go to www.crystalcruises.com

on the hone page scroll down and you will see Manfredi and the video automatically play.  You can restart it and unmute it

Keith

We did 6 cruises with OC, sea and river cruises.  We were waiting before our first reservation.  But came the Exceptional initiative, 5% discount and the air promo.  And that video !  It’s time to try Crystal again.  We are waiting for a quote on a cruise scheduled in October 2023.  The New Crystal has to be as good and even better than Old Crystal, otherwise there will be no success.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, History&Wine said:

just watched the video.

Sounds like the Italian restaurant will be one of the enhancements.  "Like Florence"?  I like that! I've had some awesome meals in Florence. 

I never thought Prego on OC was exceptional.

I honestly don't recall any dish from Prego EXCEPT their unbelievably awesome Carpaccio. I've been all over Italy, and never had it better.

My understanding is that Osteria D'Ovidio will have the same Carpaccio. That's all I needed to know. 🙂 

• Like 2