Vibe on Joy

golf4me2010

52 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I guess I wasn't as clear as I could have been.  (more common for me than I would hope 🤣)

I believe if you call NCL to BOOK YOUR CRUISE, they can check the status of the Vibe at that moment as well.  They can add the Vibe to the booking and then, since it is inside 120Days, will have you pay the full cruise price + the Vibe.  

If they tell you the Vibe is fully booked, you just say, "thank you...no need to book the cruise then"

This is what I would do if we ever booked a cruise within final payment.   

1 hour ago, golf4me2010 said:

I just booked 6 of us for an August cruise. I think it's worth it after researching and reading all the great comments. Thanks everyone!! Cheers!!

Great!  Please report back your thoughts and have a wonderful time.  

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

Per person cost.

Correct, but sold separately. Unlike a drink package, you don't need to buy one for everyone in the cabin.

3 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Looking at Joy Canadian itineraries in September. 

Does anyone actually book Vibe on Canadian cruises? I'd think the place would be a ghost town....

Sailed Joy last September and it wasn't near capacity. Weather was great except for sail away, but it was never hot. The good wife didn't put on her swimwear once, but often sat on lounge chairs to read, and there was never a crowd.

For her anyway, Vibe would have been a complete waste of good money on that itinerary.

15 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Looking at Joy Canadian itineraries in September. 

Does anyone actually book Vibe on Canadian cruises? I'd think the place would be a ghost town....

I’m doing a B2B on the Joy leaving NY on September 4 and returning from Quebec City on September 13. I booked Vibe for the first cruise but not the second leg. I think the weather should be ok that early in September with the exception of Corner Brook (they have outdoor skating rinks open in July).

21 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I’m doing a B2B on the Joy leaving NY on September 4 and returning from Quebec City on September 13. I booked Vibe for the first cruise but not the second leg. I think the weather should be ok that early in September with the exception of Corner Brook (they have outdoor skating rinks open in July).

Do you have an inside cabin? If I've got a balcony I can't see a decent recent to book Vibe on a September Canadian itinerary. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:58 AM, BirdTravels said:

While people gush about it here on CC, a very small percentage of passengers will ever waste their money on the Vibe. And only a very small fraction of the people that waste their money will actually make good use of it. 

“Waste” is a very subjective word. I could say that people waste their money on suites or the haven but these are all personal choices. We had Vibe passes on the Getaway last October and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. Never a fight to get a (super comfy) chair, never a wait for a drink, in fact, we didn’t even have to go to the bar. It was worth every penny to us. Again, it’s a personal decision, but I won’t slam someone for making one that I don’t agree with.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 1:50 PM, JGmf said:

Bought the Vibe for our April Prima trip and doing it again on the Joy in September.  I do like the easy, uncrowded access to bar, loungers, and hot tub.  Thumbs down, however, on how dead it is, like a library, but wife loves it, so be it.  (C'mon NCL: put on some music, even if it's low volume...)

Can’t do music as they run the risk of playing something that not everyone likes most likely. We found the area so uncrowded most of the time that we took a speaker and played our own music when no one else was around to get disturbed. Otherwise we used our earbuds. No biggie.

1 hour ago, sunkey1 said:

Can’t do music as they run the risk of playing something that not everyone likes most likely.

Yeah, agreed.  However, I'd be happy with something as universal (and fitting) as yacht rock. That's as non-offensive and generic as you can be, but still establishes a 'sense of place' around the bar....but NCL doesn't even provide soft music around their Waterfront bars either.  Oh well...as least I have the drink plan....bottoms up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Do you have an inside cabin? If I've got a balcony I can't see a decent recent to book Vibe on a September Canadian itinerary. 

We have a Club Balcony cabin. I think it depends when in September. As I said, the weather in early September should be ok to enjoy the outdoor amenities in Vibe. 

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

Yeah, agreed.  However, I'd be happy with something as universal (and fitting) as yacht rock. That's as non-offensive and generic as you can be, but still establishes a 'sense of place' around the bar....but NCL doesn't even provide soft music around their Waterfront bars either.  Oh well...as least I have the drink plan....bottoms up!

I hate being forced to listen to someone else's music. Bring some earbuds if you want tunes. I bet a lot of passengers enjoy just the sound of the ocean waves. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JGmf said:

Most people are in the vibe because they want peace and quiet. I, for one, would prefer no music whatsoever.

And on the topic of personal music. There is nothing more annoying than someone that plays their own music in a public area.  It is twice as annoying when there is music being played publicly as they do on Harvest Cay.

1 hour ago, Beaver1975 said:

Most people are in the vibe because they want peace and quiet. I, for one, would prefer no music whatsoever.

You may be correct, but I'm not convinced. From my experience (and from reading comments), most people in the Vibe want ease of getting a lounger, no crowding, and easy access to drink and drink service.  Low volume inoffensive music in the bar area proper would only enhance the experience...but whatever, no worries, it's not going to happen.  Outdoor library it remains.

17 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I hate being forced to listen to someone else's music. Bring some earbuds if you want tunes. I bet a lot of passengers enjoy just the sound of the ocean waves. 

Only thing is that Vibe is so high up that you can't hear the waves....

6 hours ago, JGmf said:

You may be correct, but I'm not convinced. From my experience (and from reading comments), most people in the Vibe want ease of getting a lounger, no crowding, and easy access to drink and drink service.  Low volume inoffensive music in the bar area proper would only enhance the experience...but whatever, no worries, it's not going to happen.  Outdoor library it remains.

Agree this is perfect by me.