Royal Up with GTY room?

When I log in to RCL and put in reservation information for royal up it says "are you within 30 days" Now granted I have a suite GTY (aka JS lol) but have gotten emails to do royal up on prior cruises when I did NOT have the GTY room and well before the 30 days so curious as to why this error message. YES, I went with a big box TA (CC) should I just call them and ask or is there a dept at Royal that handles the Royal Up process I could call?

1 hour ago, penutbutterjelly said:

YES, I went with a big box TA (CC) should I just call them and ask or is there a dept at Royal that handles the Royal Up process I could call?

Yes, call them and ask why they don't participate.

We often do suite guarantee and we get Royal Up offers now that we switched away from CC as our travel agent. I am sure it has nothing to do with the GTY and everything to do with your travel agent.

• Like 2

Google the name of your big box travel agency and cruise bidding program.  Early in the results you should find an FAQ that explains that your TA does not participate in any bidding program from any cruiseline.  Better to know before you book; weigh the info as you see fit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first time I haven't been able to do a royal up.  We are in a CLS, but typically have an opportunity to bid on a move up.  I didn't deal with a big box store, and my TA states she does participate in the program, but something is off.  The cruise is in 19 days and I keep getting a message when I try to bid stating must bid 30 days in advance. While honestly I am  very happy with my suite, and  the cruise must be packed, just curious why this is happening.   Is this happening to anybody else?

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

This is the first time I haven't been able to do a royal up.  We are in a CLS, but typically have an opportunity to bid on a move up.  I didn't deal with a big box store, and my TA states she does participate in the program, but something is off.  The cruise is in 19 days and I keep getting a message when I try to bid stating must bid 30 days in advance. While honestly I am  very happy with my suite, and  the cruise must be packed, just curious why this is happening.   Is this happening to anybody else?

If she does participate then try calling RC direct and see what they say.

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Is this happening to anybody else?

Not everyone gets to participate - calling likely won't change things. The front line RCI CSRs likely won't have much info about how the outside company (Plusgrade) that runs RU operates or why you are not getting an offer.

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes, it has happened to others.  I had read posts from reliable, long term CruiseCruise members about seemingly random cruises where they were not invited to bid though they had been allowed to bid on all their other cruises…then it happened to me on one cruise (it was booked like all the others, nothing special about it, it seemed random).  Since I had read those other posts, I shrugged it off.  A bidding invite came for next cruise as usual.

Enjoy your CLS.

27 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yes, it has happened to others.  I had read posts from reliable, long term CruiseCruise members about seemingly random cruises where they were not invited to bid though they had been allowed to bid on all their other cruises…then it happened to me on one cruise (it was booked like all the others, nothing special about it, it seemed random).  Since I had read those other posts, I shrugged it off.  A bidding invite came for next cruise as usual.

Enjoy your CLS.

Thank.  Will do

I am on the Bliss sailing this weekend. I had the bidding for upgrades show up quite a while ago and submitted a very low bid on one cabin category - happy with my current balcony, but would have been happy to move up to a club balcony.

I've been watching the open cabins on this sailing and most categories now show as sold out. My PCC  called today to wish me a good cruise and asked if there was anything he could do to help me. I told him I had bid, but the cruise looks pretty well sold out. He took a look and said there is very little left on it. In the past I have called earlier and upgraded myself close to sailing, but with the extra latitude points on this one I will reach platinum and I booked NCL air which is an additional mess if upgrading.

My advice. Book a cabin you are happy with. If you want to upgrade call early and just do it with your PCC/TA or NCL directly. Cruises are so full right now that hoping for a bidding upgrade is not very likely.

Geez, must be losing my mind so close to my cruise. The cruise I referenced above is on NCL. I am going on Royal in November with my daughter so have been watching both forums. Sorry for the confusion.

7 minutes ago, vswan said:

Geez, must be losing my mind so close to my cruise. The cruise I referenced above is on NCL. I am going on Royal in November with my daughter so have been watching both forums. Sorry for the confusion.

I noticed that, but the same basically applies to Royal.