My view of Aurora 22/6/23 - 7 nights

Angel57

1 minute ago, tring said:

It is good to know that P&O are giving tender tickets though, rather than just asking people to queue, like they were doing for shuttle buses on our recent cruise.  We have been used to cruise lines which give out shuttle bus tickets in the same way as tender tickets.

To be fair, it was well organised - just a shame no information and no tenders!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Would agree with the charges in the beach house ,this is what happened with Sindhu , prices were raised and choices reduced , we have not used it since the changes , do still enjoy the beach house however some of the popular deserts have been removed. The only other slight problem we have with Aurora is the bed frame makes it very difficult to slide suitcases under it, we noticed in lots of cabins suitcases were stacked at the side of the beds or in front of wardrobes , we overcame this hindrance by lifting the whole bed and not zipping up the cases and they just, only just went under, other than that loved the whole ship

We were on Aurora in November for a 28 night cruise.  There was no problem getting cases under the bed then, we did not need to open the hard backed cases, so may have been changes.  We were in a mid ship deluxe balcony cabin on deck B if that helps.  We are back again for 37 nights soon, so hoping we will be OK then as on deck C that time.

1 hour ago, tring said:

We were on Aurora in November for a 28 night cruise.  There was no problem getting cases under the bed then, we did not need to open the hard backed cases, so may have been changes.  We were in a mid ship deluxe balcony cabin on deck B if that helps.  We are back again for 37 nights soon, so hoping we will be OK then as on deck C that time.

If that was her Caribbean cruise, I was on that one too, and also had no trouble getting my case under the bed. It may be that some people have thicker cases than we do.

7 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

If that was her Caribbean cruise, I was on that one too, and also had no trouble getting my case under the bed. It may be that some people have thicker cases than we do.

True, but one of our hard back ones is actually very deep and that went under a bed, no probs.  It sounds like the person who mentioned the problem has not been onboard for a while, they mentioned not being on, "since the changes".  So could also be a change with the beds, or perhaps different cabins have different height space under beds.

2 hours ago, tring said:

True, but one of our hard back ones is actually very deep and that went under a bed, no probs.  It sounds like the person who mentioned the problem has not been onboard for a while, they mentioned not being on, "since the changes".  So could also be a change with the beds, or perhaps different cabins have different height space under beds.

My comments may have been slightly misleading!! . In regards to Sindhu the changes to the pricing structure were evident on our previous cruises on various P and O ships as we have cruised a number of times since Covid restrictions, As for the suitcases we were in a forward facing seaview cabin in January for 65 nights and the bed did appear to be slightly lower than we remembered as we have never had this problem before , ours are also hardback cases and after a little manipulation we managed to store them under the bed , now then getting them back out was a lot more time consuming and as we were leaving the enthusiasm was a little lacking!!!!😂  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just looked at that cruise in the brochure and it seems it was the same itinerary as our first cruise starting 27/8/23, so should have called at Leixoes.  Can I please ask if P&O ran a shuttle bus to Porto on that day and, if so, was there a charge for select fare passengers? 

I had read that they used to do so, but it is fair way, so wondering if that still happens.

Edited by tring

On 7/13/2023 at 8:46 PM, tring said:

Just looked at that cruise in the brochure and it seems it was the same itinerary as our first cruise starting 27/8/23, so should have called at Leixoes.  Can I please ask if P&O ran a shuttle bus to Porto on that day and, if so, was there a charge for select fare passengers? 

I had read that they used to do so, but it is fair way, so wondering if that still happens.

I haven’t been to Porto since 2018 but P&O ran shuttles buses then and I don’t see why they wouldn’t now as the journey was a good 20 minutes. It was free for select.

• Thanks 1