will i lose my obc?

rguiffra

Maybe, maybe not.  I would hope not, but there might be some clause Carnival can pull out depending on what code you originally booked under.  

Why don't you call and find out?

But also, is the "higher" deck position any actually better, or just "higher"?  If you are already booked on a deck where you have cabins above and below, you might move to a spot where you have the Lido above you, or some other similar annoyance.

It depends on whether the booking stays on the same offer. If so, you will not lose anything that comes with that offer. If it comes as part of a different offer, then anything unique to the offer you had booked on will be lost.

• Like 2

You definitely need to call because I do recall someone complaining on this board at one point for "upgrading" and loosing their OBC.  I don't think this is what normally happens, but I think it can. 

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

You definitely need to call because I do recall someone complaining on this board at one point for "upgrading" and loosing their OBC.  I don't think this is what normally happens, but I think it can. 

You definitely have to be careful. Another thing you can lose is a reduced deposit. And if the new offer does not have the reduced deposit, you can lose the entire cruise if you do not pay the new deposit. 

I do remember once finding a reduced fare, but our TA warned that without paying the now extra on the deposit, they would cancel the cruise reservation. Since it was worth it (and the extra deposit would have had to be paid eventually anyway as part of the fare), I added the extra funds to the deposit.

Hope it works out for you. Definitely have to watch them regarding or changing the rate code as that could cause you to lose OBC and/or be required to pay additional deposit even though all you should be doing is upgrading.

Have them send your updated invoice while you're still on the call so you can review before they hang up.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo