Price to upgrade beverage pkg on Simply More

katykrol

I do not think anyone has an answer  at the moment

Oct 1st   when the SM kicks in  it may increase  from the current $30 PPPD   rate  with the O life perk

Our Oceania agent told us that there will be a drinks package upgrade.  Not sure if the name changes, or the price.  He did mention though that we would be able to purchase it in advance and not have to wait until we board.

Happy Canada Day!

Greg from Gatineau, Québec

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katykrol said:

I can’t find anywhere is the current threads, how much does it cost, per day, to upgrade your beverage package under simply more. ? Does anyone know? 

From what I have read - the upgrade to prestige package remains the same as before.. This is from the "Simply More FAQ"

Can guests upgrade to a more robust Beverage Package that includes wines and spirits in addition to lunch and dinner? Guests may upgrade to the Prestige Select Beverage Package for $30 per guest, per day. This may be done in advance of sailing or once on board.

Edited by basor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WildWanderers said:

Ah, OK, thanks.

FAQs are here.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

Note however that the website is in major flux. It's going to be a while before we know the new rules.

I checked the beverage package FAQ earlier today and it still had the old wording with House Select $39.95 and Prestige at $79.95 or $30 upgrade. That FAQ is now gone.

The package prices (no upgrade info) are still listed at https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

I wonder when it will change to reflect no need to purchase House Select? (Jeopardy music)

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 1

My TA in the USA told me yesterday that the upgrade from the now included wine and beer at meals to the full beverage package would cost me $ 39.95 per person per day.    

Since "average" cocktails cost $15 + 18% service charge that means we would have to drink 2 cocktails per day per person to offset the cost.   Maybe a bloody Mary before lunch and a Margarita in the bar in the evening ??  Seems OK to me.  I hate to have to think whether something is covered or not when on holiday.  

if she is wrong and the upgrade is less I win anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Since "average" cocktails cost $15 + 18% service charge that means we would have to drink 2 cocktails per day per person to offset the cost.  

The  service charge is 20%

The current upgrade  is $30 PP PD

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The  service charge is 20%

The current upgrade  is $30 PP PD

Thank you for this correction.  Being Swiss I am not used to high service charges!!  (Here the service is included in the menu price).

(I would have preferred 18%!!!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hambagahle said:

Thank you for this correction.  Being Swiss I am not used to high service charges!!  (Here the service is included in the menu price).

Well actually the 20% makes it even an easier choice to upgrade if you so desire. 

13 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

FAQs are here.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

Note however that the website is in major flux. It's going to be a while before we know the new rules.

I checked the beverage package FAQ earlier today and it still had the old wording with House Select $39.95 and Prestige at $79.95 or $30 upgrade. That FAQ is now gone.

The package prices (no upgrade info) are still listed at https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

I wonder when it will change to reflect no need to purchase House Select? (Jeopardy music)

Until all of the old bookings using OLife are gone, O will continue to offer the House Select beverage package as those bookings would not automatically include it,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

wouldn't we all LOL

I'm getting more confused by the selection.   

My cruise is at the end of September, we booked over a year ago.   

When I looked online at the additional options to purchase, I see there are now 3 beverage options.    We'd chosen the House Select package when we booked, but it is also an option to purchase??...

What is the difference between them, I can't really tell. 

1. House select
  2. Prestige
  3. Ultimate

15 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

When I looked online at the additional options to purchase, I see there are now 3 beverage options.    We'd chosen the House Select package when we booked, but it is also an option to purchase??...

1. House select
  2. Prestige
  3. Ultimate

I also have a September cruise, so checked my options...no Ultimate choice for mine. Is your cruise part of the "Ultimate Olife" promo?

Here's what mine shows:

image.png.6567f218a51f664d6921a122f1558d07.png

Edited by AMHuntFerry

41 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

1. House select
  2. Prestige
  3. Ultimate

never seen an Ultimate Beverage package

maybe contact  your  TA or O rep & have them discuss  it with you

• Like 2

It seems to me that if they are “simplifying” sailing on them, why would they not just set the alcohol prices to include the tip? If you are going to be charged 20% regardless, just roll that into a new price list. If it is about the bartenders and servers getting tips, then just tip them out of the total collected. I don’t get the “premium” message in that whole piece. 

Okay so what I am seeing is there are only 2 packages but as you already have the basic package through olife you can pay the additional $605 (I assume per person) to move up to the prestige select.  Not sure why it offers you the House Select option as you already have it but I would say the only price you need is the upgrade.  I assume the $40.33 Canadian is equal to $30 US.

Just now, Woofa said:

Okay so what I am seeing is there are only 2 packages but as you already have the basic package through olife you can pay the additional $605 (I assume per person) to move up to the prestige select.  Not sure why it offers you the House Select option as you already have it but I would say the only price you need is the upgrade.  I assume the $40.33 Canadian is equal to $30 US.

The option for House Select will still be there until everyone that has booked under OLIfe has cruised.....it cost $30.00USD per day to upgrade to the Prestige Package.

• Like 1

So what does the Prestige Select Beers, Wine, Spirits($94.07/day) have that makes it so much more expensive over the Presitge Package($40.33/day).   

Is there a now a limited on drinks the $40.33/day package?  Or is this the pricing for the new pricing for the simply program?

1 minute ago, gentlemancruiser said:

So what does the Prestige Select Beers, Wine, Spirits($94.07/day) have that makes it so much more expensive over the Presitge Package($40.33/day).   

Is there a now a limited on drinks the $40.33/day package?  Or is this the pricing for the new pricing for the simply program?

The packages are the same as before;

House Select - Unlimited Champagne ,beer and wine by the glass during meal hours in a venue that serves food - GDR, Specialty restaurants, Waves Grill and Room Service ($40.00 USD/day)

Prestige package - Any alcoholic drink at anytime from any venue with discount on bottles of wine and up charge for a few high end shelf drinks $70.00USD/day)

With SM you receive the House Select package and can up grade to the Prestige package for $30.00USD per day

• Like 1