Simply More Pricing for Shore Excursions

snorkelphile

21 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

15 night cruise, 9 port days,  $1,000 shorex credit.  Not booked yet, just enquiring about FCC Deposit, and how SM Shorex credit would be spent.  

Subsequently, I just checked a few random cruises,  and all 3 shorex prices were listed, but not on cruise of interest.

But specifically, does 25% discount apply to 1st shorex thru all purchased, or only after a minimum # purchased.

It applies to all of them . For my 15 day cruise the minimum was 7 . I wasn't going to take that many excursions. 3 each that were my first choices  would have used up our $1000 ($1670NZ) credit and we would have had to pay about $US80 each on top of that. But with the discount applied to all of them the extra 4 excursions cost less than $US300  total each ,and that was  way way less than booking private excursions in those ports so it seemed like a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Said a minimum # of shorex must be purchased for 25% discount applied.  How many?  Again, will have to ask supervisor. ( I suspected he was talking about Olife shorex scheme, no longer offered.)

The SM excursion package is exactly the same as the old OLife YWC  25% discount  when you meet the minimum number of booked excursions.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

15 night cruise, 9 port days,  $1,000 shorex credit.  Not booked yet, just enquiring about FCC Deposit, and how SM Shorex credit would be spent.  

Subsequently, I just checked a few random cruises,  and all 3 shorex prices were listed, but not on cruise of interest.

But specifically, does 25% discount apply to 1st shorex thru all purchased, or only after a minimum # purchased.

One reason you might not be seeing prices is that they don't publish them until 1 year before the sailing. You can get around this by finding the same excursion on a different cruise that sails within the next year. (Although the price could go up before your cruise opens...)

I've never seen a chart for the 25% minimum number of excursions, but I think it's usually around 60 to 70% of the total per ports for the cruise. You typical find out what the exact number is when your booked cruise opens for excursions 1 year before sailing. You could probably call Oceania to find the number beforehand as well.

The 25% kicks in when you have reserved the requested number of excursions, and applies to all of those excursions, plus any more that you purchase.

Depending on price and number needed for discount you might find 6 excursions being cheaper than five. I sometimes have booked a real cheap excursion just to meet the discount number, and it makes the overall price cheaper. Math can be your friend. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ORV said:

Depending on price and number needed for discount you might find 6 excursions being cheaper than five. I sometimes have booked a real cheap excursion just to meet the discount number, and it makes the overall price cheaper. Math can be your friend. 

This was definitely the case for me. One quite inexpensive excursion in Seville that I had no intention of booking originally,  meant I saved a few hundred dollars on the ones I did want to take

• Like 5

8 hours ago, NewSalty said:

One reason you might not be seeing prices is that they don't publish them until 1 year before the sailing. You can get around this by finding the same excursion on a different cruise that sails within the next year. (Although the price could go up before your cruise opens...)

I've never seen a chart for the 25% minimum number of excursions, but I think it's usually around 60 to 70% of the total per ports for the cruise. You typical find out what the exact number is when your booked cruise opens for excursions 1 year before sailing. You could probably call Oceania to find the number beforehand as well.

The 25% kicks in when you have reserved the requested number of excursions, and applies to all of those excursions, plus any more that you purchase.

Yes, cruise is more than 1 year out.  Thanks for your explanation.  And I'll check on 25% discounted prices for similar itin, closer in.

Yes, cruise is more than 1 year out.  Thanks for your explanation.  And I'll check on 25% discounted prices for similar itin, closer in.

The website has a nice feature for finding an earlier cruise for any given excursion - when you have an excursion open, there will be a hyperlink that shows all cruises that visit that port...

• Thanks 1

The website has a nice feature for finding an earlier cruise for any given excursion - when you have an excursion open, there will be a hyperlink that shows all cruises that visit that port...

On 11/1/2023 at 3:40 PM, LHT28 said:

Maybe they are just people that know  Oceania & how it works 😉

Welcome to CC

The problem is that Oceania does a very poor job of making things easy and clear for their guests. Simply More was supposed to simplify things. I am now on Vista under SM and we had to cancel an excursion due to a missed port and no one can tell me how much shipboard credit I now have left under SM that must be used for excursions. I know I have used most of it, but would very much like to have exact numbers. So for us Oceania pricing and value specifics remain unclear...or I guess about as clear as the sight lines in the new Vista theatre.20231106_211623.thumb.jpg.aa63ec724cc7976b133fdaf49f676e10.jpg

Edited by edgee

On 11/8/2023 at 11:26 PM, edgee said:

I am now on Vista under SM and we had to cancel an excursion due to a missed port and no one can tell me how much shipboard credit

@edgee

Did you find out the credit amount??

I would think it would be the amount that was charged for the excursion  but   just guessing  as we do not do ship's tours

Did it show up on the TV onboard account??

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

@edgee

Did you find out the credit amount??

I would think it would be the amount that was charged for the excursion  but   just guessing  as we do not do ship's tours

Did it show up on the TV onboard account??

Lyn, you are inspiring me to dig into this further. Looking at my account on the TV it is all very confusing. I will go to the front desk and ask again and press them to contact Miami to get the answers if necessary. Since the cruise still has 9 days left, I will wait and make my inquiry on Monday when offices in Miami are open. 

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Lyn, you are inspiring me to dig into this further. Looking at my account on the TV it is all very confusing. I will go to the front desk and ask again and press them to contact Miami to get the answers if necessary. Since the cruise still has 9 days left, I will wait and make my inquiry on Monday when offices in Miami are open. 

Yes I found the TV account confusing

Ask for a print out  of your account    then you can check out what was charged  & any  credits you recived   easier  at least it was for me 

I prefer paper copies of some things 😁

Good luck

Enjoy the rest of the cruise

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Waltershipman said:

Got it thanks much

Now there is an exception.  You could use the credit to book one of the culinary excursions that involve shopping in a port and returning to the ship to cook with the local ingredients in the culinary center.  Those excursions tend to be pricy but if you want to burn through the credit....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

No, because that is not an excursion.  

17 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Now there is an exception.  You could use the credit to book one of the culinary excursions that involve shopping in a port and returning to the ship to cook with the local ingredients in the culinary center.  Those excursions tend to be pricy but if you want to burn through the credit....

Thanks so much i have about 125 in credits to still spend for each of us

Very helpful have a wonderful holiday

• Like 1