Are excursions cheaper if pre-booked before cruise?

Aldeya

I think that on our previous Norwegian cruises we got a discount when we pre-booked excursions, packages, thermal spa, etc online before cruise. When I go to out upcoming Escape planner I don't see any discounts. Everything is full-price.

Did it change?

Yes, they can be cheaper if you pre-book and pay for them months in advance. You book them at the price that was advertised at the time.

Example: back in January this year I booked several excursions for our May/June Alaskan cruises, and paid for them. When we boarded and had a look at the current excursion price sheet and saw that some prices had increased!

• Like 2

Technically, no.  But as already mentioned, they might increase the price somewhere along the way.  I noticed this on some Alaska excursions for an upcoming cruise.  So it's not a matter of it being more expensive once onboard, it's a matter of a price increase for that excursion.

Also note that if you book onboard any Latitudes discounts are not automatically applied to your excursions - you have to let them know.  Sometimes they will notice what's on your card if you show it but if you use the app or a kiosk you will have to get the price adjusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Also note that if you book onboard any Latitudes discounts are not automatically applied to your excursions - you have to let them know.  Sometimes they will notice what's on your card if you show it but if you use the app or a kiosk you will have to get the price adjusted.

Is there a way to apply our Latitudes discount while booking online? what about $50 discount per cabin that comes with the booking?

9 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

Is there a way to apply our Latitudes discount while booking online? what about $50 discount per cabin that comes with the booking?

If you book online, the $50 discount is applied to guest #1 and any latitudes discounts are also applied at that time.  If you book onboard, you are charged the full amount and the $50 discount is applied to your account after you have taken the excursion.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you book online, the $50 discount is applied to guest #1 and any latitudes discounts are also applied at that time.  If you book onboard, you are charged the full amount and the $50 discount is applied to your account after you have taken the excursion.

Thank you very much!

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

The $50 discount is applied when you book and pay for the excursion online ahead of the cruise..

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Like 1