Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

trbarton

What exactly do you mean by "Reasonably Priced"? 

I love Riverside Hotel.  Water taxi stops right there.

Also read all the many, many threads on this forum about hotels.  Scroll down the page and you will see them!

~Nancy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

What exactly do you mean by "Reasonably Priced"? 

And @trbarton when are you traveling?  Prices for the same room will vary, sometimes dramatically, depending on the season (lower in the summer, higher in the winter and over holidays).

the Hilton Marina and the Doubletree GalleryOne also have water taxi stops.  The Marina is closest to Port Everglades, the GalleryOne is closest to the beach, and the Riverside is downtown. If spending more than one night I would personally chose the Riverside for its great location.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

And @trbarton when are you traveling?  Prices for the same room will vary, sometimes dramatically, depending on the season (lower in the summer, higher in the winter and over holidays).

the Hilton Marina and the Doubletree GalleryOne also have water taxi stops.  The Marina is closest to Port Everglades, the GalleryOne is closest to the beach, and the Riverside is downtown. If spending more than one night I would personally chose the Riverside for its great location.

I’m traveling in December 6th of this year. 

Tom😀

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

That’s a good week to travel to and cruise out of Fort Lauderdale:  hotel room prices have decreased after Thanksgiving week and have not yet increased for the holidays and the winter season. 

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

I am traveling back to FL that week / weekend as well.  I got the Riverside Hotel for 3 nights on Hotwire for $129/night + tax.  Look up 3.5* in Downtown/Las Olas area.  Hotwire shows 3 possible hotels you may get, but you can pretty much figure out which hotel it is by the picture shown on Hotwire, and then confirming that on the hotel's website itself (prior to booking on Hotwire; booking through Riverside directly was something like $190/night + tax).  The caveat is you pay upfront to get that rate, but trip insurance is usually recommended in the event you need to cancel.

Edited by brunello22

8 hours ago, brunello22 said:

I am traveling back to FL that week / weekend as well.  I got the Riverside Hotel for 3 nights on Hotwire for $129/night + tax.  Look up 3.5* in Downtown/Las Olas area.  Hotwire shows 3 possible hotels you may get, but you can pretty much figure out which hotel it is by the picture shown on Hotwire, and then confirming that on the hotel's website itself (prior to booking on Hotwire; booking through Riverside directly was something like $190/night + tax).  The caveat is you pay upfront to get that rate, but trip insurance is usually recommended in the event you need to cancel.

Thanks for your information. I’ll consider using them. 

Tom😀

Here’s something interesting I found on agodo.com. The B Ocean Resort listed at $95 per night 

Here’s the price with taxes for 3 nights.  image.thumb.png.fcef2be0186fe4cc10ad4be5ea74c089.png

It lists an additional destination fee of $132.21. Is this the standard for Ft Lauderdale?

This price is the best that I have found for this hotel. 

Thanks for everyone’s help/suggestions. 

Tom😀

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

It lists an additional destination fee of $132.21. Is this the standard for Ft Lauderdale?

I've not seen a "destination fee" in Ft. Lauderdale before.  Will the hotel tell you what that is?  I'm leery of any "deal" that is so much lower than the going rate.  I'd ask lots of questions!!

~Nancy

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

I've not seen a "destination fee" in Ft. Lauderdale before.  Will the hotel tell you what that is?  I'm leery of any "deal" that is so much lower than the going rate.  I'd ask lots of questions!!

~Nancy

I’ll see if I can contact the web site as it’s not the hotels. I’ll post whatever I find out. 

Tom😀

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ll see if I can contact the web site as it’s not the hotels. I’ll post whatever I find out. 

Tom😀

I have never seen a Destination Fee applied before, and I use Hotwire quire frequently.  It could possibly be a resort fee charged by the hotel, but usually that resort fee is paid to the hotel directly upon check in.  Please report back what you find out.

By the way, what hotel did you get?  Riverside is not on the Intracoastal, so I am curious which one that is.  I wonder if it is the Kimpton boutique hotel in the North Beach area of Fort Lauderdale Beach, which is on the Intracoastal.

21 hours ago, brunello22 said:

I looked at the Hotwire site for our one night stay post-cruise downtown and the picture is the same that is used by other Riverside listings at a very good price.  However, I decided against booking since you can't select which room (we prefer a King instead of a Double (Riverside's cheapest room).

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

I'm also curious what you find regarding the Agoda deal.  They had the Riverside listed at a price that was about $45 less/night than the other sites.  I've never used Agoda, but it appears legit (sister company of Bookings,com) and there was no destination fee for that hotel.  Since it doesn't charge the CC and has free cancellation until 48 hrs prior to reservation date, I booked it.

Edited by jayred1

10 hours ago, brunello22 said:

I have never seen a Destination Fee applied before, and I use Hotwire quire frequently.  It could possibly be a resort fee charged by the hotel, but usually that resort fee is paid to the hotel directly upon check in.  Please report back what you find out.

By the way, what hotel did you get?  Riverside is not on the Intracoastal, so I am curious which one that is.  I wonder if it is the Kimpton boutique hotel in the North Beach area of Fort Lauderdale Beach, which is on the Intracoastal.

I haven’t chosen anything yet. I was there years ago, I don’t remember which one, that was within walking distance of the water taxi & had a shuttle to the cruise 🚢 port. 

I’ll look at Hotwire. Has anyone used the booking with Hotwire where you only know one of 3 hotels & they pick which one?

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

21 hours ago, trbarton said:

Here’s something interesting I found on agodo.com. The B Ocean Resort listed at $95 per night 

Here’s the price with taxes for 3 nights.  image.thumb.png.fcef2be0186fe4cc10ad4be5ea74c089.png

This price is the best that I have found for this hotel. 

Thanks for everyone’s help/suggestions. 

Tom😀

That's a deal!! Stayed at this hotel twice when it was the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Under a $100 ON THE BEACH in Lauderdale a night, can't beat it. If you can beat it I'd still take this deal but add on another 3 days at the same or better price. 

35 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

That's a deal!! Stayed at this hotel twice when it was the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Under a $100 ON THE BEACH in Lauderdale a night, can't beat it. If you can beat it I'd still take this deal but add on another 3 days at the same or better price. 

What do you know about a destination fee?  I’ve never heard of that before. 

Tom🤔

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

What do you know about a destination fee?  I’ve never heard of that before. 

Tom🤔

YES!! They're killing us. When I book my hotel via Hotwire I think they call that the tourist destination tax which Hotwire adds into the price. So what that means lol is that your prolly not getting that 3 night deal just like that lol. 

If you book with Hotwire that fee you'll see it on the invoice. If your going to stay in the state of Florida anymore the state is going to take a bite out of your ass one way or the other. I don't have a problem with it, Florida has been very good to me the least I can do is give them a little cash back on the way out. Good luck on that. 

You can try this it's what I do.

Hotwire-Ft. Lauderdale-Beach Area- 3 1/2-4 star. Pick you a deal out and see what the total comes in at for 3 days. The price Hotwire gives you is EVERYTHING no destination taxes out of the blue!!

LOL.

Edited by TTEllis
Typo

14 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

YES!! They're killing us. When I book my hotel via Hotwire I think they call that the tourist destination tax which Hotwire adds into the price. So what that means lol is that your prolly not getting that 3 night deal just like that lol. 

If you book with Hotwire that fee you'll see it on the invoice. If your going to stay in the state of Florida anymore the state is going to take a bite out of your ass one way or the other. I don't have a problem with it, Florida has been very good to me the least I can do is give them a little cash back on the way out. Good luck on that. 

You can try this it's what I do.

Hotwire-Ft. Lauderdale-Beach Area- 3 1/2-4 star. Pick you a deal out and see what the total comes in at for 3 days. The price Hotwire gives you is EVERYTHING no destination taxes out of the blue!!

LOL.

Here’s what I booked. 

It’s right on the beach & I only have to pay an additional $45. It’s refundable so I’ll keep looking. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Here’s what I booked. 

It’s right on the beach & I only have to pay an additional $45. It’s refundable so I’ll keep looking. 

image.jpeg

I know exactly where that hotel is I stayed right beside it in 2016 at the Ocean Sky Resort. It's north. 

That's not bad, it's not Las Olas but it's nice. Keep looking and go back south a little bit. 😁

Btw that invoice is "funny" furreal. It's got too much stuff crossed out and too much other stuff added on in small numbers. Looks scammy too me.  

Keep it simple get one price from whichever travel sight you happen to use. Last thing you need is some BS surprise when you walk into your hotel on your vacation. All you want is your key card and a vodka martini especially after flying all morning and half the afternoon. Hotwire homey, no worries. 

Btw Trivago is such a scam, that travel site Rocks if your a 1st grader, past that, right it's for 1st graders only!!

11 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Btw that invoice is "funny" furreal. It's got too much stuff crossed out and too much other stuff added on in small numbers. Looks scammy too me.  

Keep it simple get one price from whichever travel sight you happen to use. Last thing you need is some BS surprise when you walk into your hotel on your vacation. All you want is your key card and a vodka martini especially after flying all morning and half the afternoon. Hotwire homey, no worries. 

Btw Trivago is such a scam, that travel site Rocks if your a 1st grader, past that, right it's for 1st graders only!!

Did some digging into Agoda and it is a legit online travel agency.  It has been around for 18 years and is one of the largest services for Asian travel.  Although less known in North America & Europe, they are owned by Booking Holdings (a NASDAQ 100 company, also owner of Priceline and Booking.com).  Frommer rates them the #4 best hotel booking service - better than Expedia, Priceline, TripAdvisor and Hotels.com (Hotwire didn't even make their Top 10).  https://www.frommers.com/slideshows/819303-best-and-worst-hotel-booking-sites-for-2023

Here's another link that describes Agoda ...

https://luxuryunderbudget.com/is-agoda-legit

• Like 1

Hotwire didn't make the Top 10 because they don't own Hotwire. 

Travel sights, Hotwire never makes anything because Hotwire is past all that. Those places hate Hotwire, I would too. I love Hotwire they've not only never failed me they've let me stay in hotels that I otherwise would have never been able to afford for CHEAP. 

8 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Hotwire didn't make the Top 10 because they don't own Hotwire. 

Travel sights, Hotwire never makes anything because Hotwire is past all that. Those places hate Hotwire, I would too. I love Hotwire they've not only never failed me they've let me stay in hotels that I otherwise would have never been able to afford for CHEAP. 

Have you booked with Hotwire where you get one of 3 locations but you don’t know which one until you make a booking?  I’ve looked but the downside is the rate is non refundable. 

Tom😀