Cruise music to put on a CD

jdvmd

^^ I have to agree with Dido's "Sand In My Shoes". I LOVE that song!

Another one that always reminds me of crusing is "Blue Bayou" by Linda Ronstadt. Seems every cruise i've been on, that song is a favourite of the ship's band ;)

THE WORDS>>>>"Put de Lime In De Coconut And Drink It All Up.....I Say Doctor, Releive This Belly Ache">>>>can't remeber the title or the artist.

Dannii Minogue did a dance / pop version of this. It's fun :D

• 4 weeks later...

One that no one has mentioned that is in my CD player constantly in the last week or so before a cruise is "The Baja Sessions" by Chris Isaac

In addition to semi acoustic covers of some of his own songs as well as new versions of classic songs like "South of the Border (Down Mexico Way)" and "Only the Lonely" he throws in Classics like "Yellow Bird". Apparently, after he got dumped by a girlfriend, he decided to take a little break. He and his bandmates went down to Baja and they hung out on the beach and surfed during the day, and went into the recording studio at night to record mellow, mostly acoustic cover songs. No pressure from the record company, no agenda.

Their goal was simply to convey the relaxation they felt down there by the sea in musical form. They nailed it. This is one of the most relaxing, vacationy albums I've ever heard. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! I'd add almost anything from the Blue Crush Soundtrack - particularly "And Be Loved" by Damien Marley and Blest-e-Nation's mix of Bananarama's "Cruel Summer". I also like Zero 7's "Destiny"

• 2 years later...

We just created a CD for my parents to enjoy their cruise

1) Puerto Rico (Vaya con Dios)

2) Somewhere beyond the Sea (Robbie Williams)

3) Everything gonna be alright (Bob Marley)

4) One Love (Bob Marley)

5) My hear will go on (Titanic) I know..:D

6) Baby let's cruise (Gweneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis ) http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=baby+let%27s+cruise&search_type=&aq=0

7) Lambada (Kaoma) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

8) Ole, Ole. Feeling hot-hot-hot

9) Holiday (Scorpions)

10) Come Sail Away (Styx)

11) Kokomo - Aruba Jamaica(Beach Boys)

12) Don't worry, be happy! (Bob Marley)

• 1 month later...

In preparation for my upcoming cruise in 1 month, I'm bumping this Oldie but Goodie thread up. It's been 3 years since we sailed. Back then, we made a CD to listen to in the weeks leading up to the cruise. Now, I guess it would be a playlist for iPhone or iPod (or similar). I've been running trying to get into shape. Maybe I'll make a play list for running.

Any new favorite songs?

I will tell you that in 2007, Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" seemed to be the theme for our cruise. Brings back so many great memories.

:) Any music you're into is good cruise music. I happen to think that any Jimmy Buffett CD is great cruise music. My favorite is the live CD " Feeding Frenzy " . Good luck.....

I also like a jam band called String Cheese Incident. You can find their music on the livemusic.org site.....downloads are free. Check it out Art:) :) :)

Feeding Frenzy is the bomb! We sing along with every single song. If you want something slightly different listen to Road Rage by the Canadian band Great Big Sea.

Feeding Frenzy is the bomb! We sing along with every single song. If you want something slightly different listen to Road Rage by the Canadian band Great Big Sea.

Feeding Frenzy is good, but You had to be there is so much better. Morris' Nightmare is perfect for new cruisers :p

• 2 months later...

Kenny Chesney: When the Sun Goes Down

Got A Little Crazy Last Night

Keys in the Conch Shell

Outta Here

Zac Brown: Where the Boat Leaves From

Toes

BahaMen: Island Boy

Jim Morris: Tropical Depression

Blake Shelton Some Beach

Those are just some that I have on my play list that I don't think anyone has mentioned. I've got 33 songs and just keep looking for more. Helps put me in the mood before a cruise, gives us something to listen to on the way there and while on the cruise, and enhances my memories when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s some tracks that I downloaded last time we cruised. They’re what I listen to when I’m half snoozing on the deck, sun on my face, cocktail within arms reach….well you get the idea.

Somewhere over the rainbow BY Israel kamakawiwo

White sandy beach

On a distant shore BY Orla Fallon

Sail the ocean BY Darin

Sail away BY David Grey

Song of the islands BY Rick Alexander

Kawaipunahele BY Keali'i

The water is wide BY Eva Cassidy

Island in the sun BY Weezer

Sailin’ in the moonlight BY BZN

I love the sea

Mermaid song BY Manose