Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

On 11/19/2023 at 3:07 AM, Roland4 said:

Our dinner this evening at Trulucks Miami, courtesy of Moecker and Associates. We would have had the same meal anyway, but it tasted so much better knowing it was paid for with money we never thought we would ever see again!!!!!

We board Oceania Vista tomorrow for 12 nights in the Caribbean.

Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

My friends on board with you. The ship is gorgeous. Enjoy

I'm so happy to say that I received my check from Moecker.  They have done and are doing a wonderful job keeping us informed of their progress in getting the money, that i never thought i would see, to all of us.  This is a thankless job for them but I'm sure they're getting compensated for their work and diligence on this whole mess.

by the wayk those stone crabs look fabulous to me.  I've enjoyed them at Joe's the few times I've been in Miami.  We just don't get them looking likke that in Scottsdale even though some restaurants have them once or twice a year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

I'm so happy to say that I received my check from Moecker.  They have done and are doing a wonderful job keeping us informed of their progress in getting the money, that i never thought i would see, to all of us.  This is a thankless job for them but I'm sure they're getting compensated for their work and diligence on this whole mess.

David, I am glad that you now have received your check.  You are right. They are getting paid. I never expected any money other than a few dollars.  If more should come next year great but if not we have closed the chapter on this. The Exceptional Incentive Program worked out well for several of us and I am very appreciative new Crystal implemented it.

Keith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Oh yes, I think checks were going also to Canada and Mexico. But for the rest of the world are supposed to be wire teansfers.

I sent my bank references to the assignee  2 weeks ago , no money yet 

but today another copy of the sentence by the Court ... 

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I am still waiting for my check in NYC. Just sent Moecker an email query. 

Same here, Los Angeles. My parents and brother (paid for by my parents) got theirs a few weeks back for the same cruise I was on. I have never heard anything from Moecker, but I did get an EI Certificate that, apparently, was checked against their records.

Emailed Moecker a few days ago but no response yet.

Hopefully, those of you in the USA who have not yet gotten your checks got an e-mail when your name was listed in the legal proceedings.We did and it showed what the consumer priority amount ($4450.00) which is what we eventually got in a check and general unsecured amount which is what we would not get in the first round.  

This will take you to all of the ones that were filed with the courts except for a recent one we just saw two days ago.

The challenge is you would have to go through most of these and it is sorted by your first name.

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/legal-pleadings/

Another option is try to do a google search. Put in your first and last name followed by Moecker. Don't add in Crystal to the search. It may bring up the specific filing you are in and if you click on that it will take you to the filing and you can scroll down and look for your name.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Moecker said they do not have my mailing address. Of course it is on the front page of my claim. In any case they will send me a form to fill out with address and then eventually I will get my check. 
In all fairness to them with the thousands of claims they have snafus are to be expected. 
Glad I called. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Hopefully, those of you in the USA who have not yet gotten your checks got an e-mail when your name was listed in the legal proceedings.We did and it showed what the consumer priority amount ($4450.00) which is what we eventually got in a check and general unsecured amount which is what we would not get in the first round.  

This will take you to all of the ones that were filed with the courts except for a recent one we just saw two days ago.

The challenge is you would have to go through most of these and it is sorted by your first name.

Another option is try to do a google search. Put in your first and last name followed by Moecker. Don't add in Crystal to the search. It may bring up the specific filing you are in and if you click on that it will take you to the filing and you can scroll down and look for your name.

Keith

I never got such an email, but neither did my parents (who did get their check). I also searched through every single one of those docs for our last name and we aren't in any of them, though, again, they got their check? Still waiting for a response to my email from them. Not in a hurry, so not too worried.

Moecker said they do not have my mailing address. Of course it is on the front page of my claim. In any case they will send me a form to fill out with address and then eventually I will get my check. 
In all fairness to them with the thousands of claims they have snafus are to be expected. 
Glad I called. 

21 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

I started reading the pdf files, line by line, such fun , but a faster way is to search for your name or part of it.

My smartphone highlights all located text strings,if nothing happens,  then your text string (name) was not found in the file. 

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

Did somebody in Europe already receive some money?

I am based or live in Germany and to answer your question, we have not had any communication from Moecker since 2021🤣 . I hope the first non USA ,Canada/ Mexico will post. I trust in the process but Moecker could publish some tracking processing data. ie xxx claims, yyy funds transferred.

Email just received, I live in The UK, confirmation that no wire transfers have been made yet.

Thank you for submitting your additional information. For your records, your assigned claim number is #-----. Please note that we do not have an established date for when we will begin wire transfers. We are in the process of preparing, verifying and reviewing information at this time.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us directly at this email address, which is infocc@moecker-crystal.com.  We appreciate your patience and understanding in this ongoing case and process.

Sincerely,

Crystal Cruise Claims Team 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope that they start soon with the wire transfers. As far as I understood, they had requested the transfer information from us because they had already verified our cases. I am not sure what else do they have to verify now. And a wire transfer is a very easy thing to do. Maybe they could assign one person to start doing them. It is kind of weird that those clients based outside North America, have to have more patience and understanding than others, who have already received their money..

Ivi

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 1:40 PM, Whipsnade said:

Embo

Call Moecker. 954 252 1560

They were very polite, prompt and helpful. 

They were very helpful and polite, but they do say they never got my claim, which is pretty annoying. I certainly mailed it in May of 2022, and they did get my parents' which was mailed later than mine.

I am going to resubmit the form at their suggestion but they were not super clear on what would happen other than "it will be considered a late claim" and "it will take some time to process it".

12 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I hope that they start soon with the wire transfers. As far as I understood, they had requested the transfer information from us because they had already verified our cases. I am not sure what else do they have to verify now. And a wire transfer is a very easy thing to do. Maybe they could assign one person to start doing them. It is kind of weird that those clients based outside North America, have to have more patience and understanding than others, who have already received their money..

Ivi

Unfortunately the wire transfers are a whole different type of process than an automated batch check run…. Both require the same proof work to set up the batch, but instead of everything being automatically processed, every transfer then requires 30x the work of the auto-run because each one needs to be touched and reviewed again manually.  It’s not that each wire transfer takes a long time in itself as a single transaction, it’s that they have hundreds of them in a batch.  I would just set expectations that this is probably weeks away, IME, but be pleasantly surprised if it comes quickly.

Vince

• 3 weeks later...