Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

These photos are KILLING ME!  You are such a sweetheart to post this stuff for your pool colleagues still at home awaiting their departure.  October 16 can't come soon enough.

• Haha 1

A few observations…

-no liquors or cigarette cartons visible or sold in the gift shop…unless they are doing a good job of hiding it from me!

-bought two bottles of Limoncello in Naples today.  Not inconspicuous at all.  Upon returning to the ship and putting them through the x-ray machine, and expecting them to confiscate them and give me a tag to get them at the end of the cruise, they let them pass,  no issues!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

A few observations…

-no liquors or cigarette cartons visible or sold in the gift shop…unless they are doing a good job of hiding it from me!

-bought two bottles of Limoncello in Naples today.  Not inconspicuous at all.  Upon returning to the ship and putting them through the x-ray machine, and expecting them to confiscate them and give me a tag to get them at the end of the cruise, they let them pass,  no issues!

Yumm! Limoncello!

• Like 1

Duty-free cigarettes & liquor shouldn't be in the "gift shop" sections of the ship, now that you possibly getting VAT refunds, go hunt them down - if I remember correctly, they are located in a different area, toward Mid/Fwd section of the ship, walk toward the Fwd elevators but they only open up on sea days, outside in open water.  It's in another spacious area, just ahead of Tradewinds, starboard side toward the Bliss Lounge & Fwd open atrium.  

BTW. loving these great pictures.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Traffic Jam…

IMG_1727.jpeg

You'd think this would be getting better since it's already October.  In July there were hardly any tours heading south due to traffic.  I elected to go to Sorrento, and we were 58 minutes behind schedule just getting there!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, Russiamomm said:

The email usually comes right around final payment date.  A word of warning, though. Not all travel agents participate in the program.  It’s my understanding that yours is one of them.  (We’re not supposed to mention travel agents on this site.)

Thanks for the tip....I may have to monitor the Haven price on the Costco travel site then.

• Like 1

Another observation…..re-embarkation on both front and aft doors.  Been wondering why they have not been doing that all along.  Alleviates big bottlenecks!

Sushi at Wasabi last night (after pizza for lunch). My pallet is diverse!  😉 

It was VERY Good!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

IMG_1767.jpeg

Love, love all the pictures - 😁 😄 😎 is this the NCL "Best of Rome" Selfie walking tour, everyone appeared to be facing in the same direction, listening, except for the fellow wearing shades & backpack, as if he's on security watch for the "group"  - got quite a crowd in this pix whereas the others aren't ?  

Now that Starlink is active, curious as to whether options like PAYG by the minutes are still being offered and price changes, we only saw 100 minutes and 250 minutes as the only other options for $75 and $125 respectively.  If and when you get a chance, please check, TIA. 

Enjoy the overnight stay - night life after dinner ??  BTW, all the pictures are loading & posting "right" side up and not upside down, well done with the tips on fixing it.    FYI for others: Camera settings - just did this to my iPhone SE22 to make it more compatible with Androids for unlimited storage: 

How do I turn off HEIC photos on my iPhone?

2023] How to turn off HEIC on your iPhone

Go to “Settings” and scroll down. Find “Camera” and click on it. In the opened tab, click on “Formats”. Now you can choose the format “Most compatible
Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1