Decor Door Magnets?

SunnySunflower

4 minutes ago, SunnySunflower said:

I haven’t been on the Eclipse and would love to decorate the doors to our staterooms since my family are on different decks and it can be easy to get turned around.  Will that work on this ship?

Yes.

• Like 1

Definitely!  Across the fleet, people don't decorate on Celebrity with as much gusto as say Disney, but decorate some indeed do!  We in fact just ordered a personalized cruise magnet for our door for our Apex B3B this fall - lots of great options on Amazon, more even than on Etsy we found!  We were on the Beyond in a Sky Suite this past Halloween, and put several Halloween magnets on our door, and enjoyed walking the halls admiring others' decorations.  As I said, not a LOT of people decorate, but a good number of people do.  Have fun, why not??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnySunflower said:

I haven’t been on the Eclipse and would love to decorate the doors to our staterooms since my family are on different decks and it can be easy to get turned around.  Will that work on this ship?

"love to decorate the doors"

Are you kidding ?? You will love decorating your door -- ( Not suggested for young kids though)

Get a few decals/magnets with pineapples on them and hang them upside down.

Talk about fun --- You will /might have more "fun" than you planned on.

"Will that work on this ship?"

I assume you mean " will decorating your door work (to have fun) " ??

That's a tough one---I'm no magician ---And besides ,I don't do" tricks ".

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL  I was going to say "beware of using pineapples as people will come by and turn them upside down".  Well, I don't know how many people do that.  My husband never saw a pineapple he didn't like to turn upside down.  Because he's a brat and now he's obsessed since I told him what it meant.  lol 

Anyway, yes, the doors are magnetic and you can decorate them.  We don't, but we appreciate it when our neighbours do as it helps us find our way as well.  

• Haha 2

I'm always curious... Unless your cabins are directly off the elevator lobby, how is a magnet that is flush with the door going to help you not get turned around until you're already turned around??

I always see this as the justification for putting a magnet on a door, but I legitimately cannot see how it helps until you're up on the door. I'm looking at the profile of my fridge which has magnets on it, and cannot see the magnets. If it was a door on a cruise ship, it would look just like any other door until I got to it.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

"love to decorate the doors"

Are you kidding ?? You will love decorating your door -- ( Not suggested for young kids though)

Talk about fun --- You will /might have more "fun" than you planned on.

"Will that work on this ship?"

I assume you mean " will decorating your door work (to have fun) " ??

That's a tough one---I'm no magician ---And besides ,I don't do" tricks ".

Some ships don’t have doors that magnets work on and I haven’t been on Celebrity for a while. I have been on Millie, Summit and Reflection a long time ago but never Eclipse. One of my favorite cruise memories was of a members fall foliage cruise and the entire ship seemed to be decorated with door magnets and banners.  I definitely need new magnets.  I dug my magnets out today and one said “I love my cats” and we are down to one now 😿

17 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I always see this as the justification for putting a magnet on a door, but I legitimately cannot see how it helps until you're up on the door

"  until you're up on the door "--- Now, you " got it " !!

It sure helps those that love to decorate their door with upside down pineapples.

Otherwise, I don't know why anyone would decorate their door anyway.

Mind you, on our last cruise we noticed that Harry and Sally were celebrating their 10th anniversary. Harry looked like he could have been celebrating his 50th,Sally her 10th.

Who do you think put the decoration on the door ??

Did Harry even notice it after 4 days ??

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, SunnySunflower said:

Some ships don’t have doors that magnets work on and I haven’t been on Celebrity for a while. I have been on Millie, Summit and Reflection a long time ago but never Eclipse. One of my favorite cruise memories was of a members fall foliage cruise and the entire ship seemed to be decorated with door magnets and banners.  I definitely need new magnets.  I dug my magnets out today and one said “I love my cats” and we are down to one now 😿

Magnets will stick to Celebrity's cabin doors. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Definitely!  Across the fleet, people don't decorate on Celebrity with as much gusto as say Disney, but decorate some indeed do!  We in fact just ordered a personalized cruise magnet for our door for our Apex B3B this fall - lots of great options on Amazon, more even than on Etsy we found!  We were on the Beyond in a Sky Suite this past Halloween, and put several Halloween magnets on our door, and enjoyed walking the halls admiring others' decorations.  As I said, not a LOT of people decorate, but a good number of people do.  Have fun, why not??

We also had a Halloween magnet on our door last October on board Constellation. We also used magnetic hooks to hang a bag used to collect RSVPs for a Cruise Critic luncheon. 

IMG_4249.thumb.jpeg.79049129f66ed600e4c8bbfae61dcd7a.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Very cute!  Love the personalized Halloween magnet - did you find that on Amazon?  We were on the Eclipse recently, and a passenger in our hall had a white board outside his cabin, writing a quote of the day - always fun and enjoyable for all!  We made a point of reading it every day, and several times we saw crew passing by and stopping to read it also.  I think that magnets on your cabin door are good fun and allow for an expression of whimsy!  Maybe those of us that like the magnets are also those that go all out for Christmas or other holidays!

28 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Very cute!  Love the personalized Halloween magnet - did you find that on Amazon?  We were on the Eclipse recently, and a passenger in our hall had a white board outside his cabin, writing a quote of the day - always fun and enjoyable for all!  We made a point of reading it every day, and several times we saw crew passing by and stopping to read it also.  I think that magnets on your cabin door are good fun and allow for an expression of whimsy!  Maybe those of us that like the magnets are also those that go all out for Christmas or other holidays!

Yes, Amazon. $13. 

• Like 1