Manhattan Cruise Terminal Drop Off/Pickup

Tutone56

My brother-in-law has graciously offered to drop us off at the terminal and pick us up the following Sunday.  We'll be coming from Ridgefield Ct.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming we'll just follow traffic, etc. for the drop off. Where is the best place for him to meet us?  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for him (and us).  Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Tutone56 said:

My brother-in-law has graciously offered to drop us off at the terminal and pick us up the following Sunday.  We'll be coming from Ridgefield Ct.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming we'll just follow traffic, etc. for the drop off. Where is the best place for him to meet us?  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for him (and us).  Thanks.

The drop off is simple, but a pick up at MCT can be a nightmare - especially if there are several thousand passengers debarking with you.  Our approach is to arrange to meet our ride near the corner of West 49th Street (which is midway between piers 88 and 90) and the east side of 12th Avenue.  We pick a time - say 9:30 or so, and walk across to the east side of 12th Ave and then call our ride , who will be hanging out nearby - and can come westbound on 49th and pick us up, then turn right on 12th.

16 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

The drop off is simple, but a pick up at MCT can be a nightmare - especially if there are several thousand passengers debarking with you.  Our approach is to arrange to meet our ride near the corner of West 49th Street (which is midway between piers 88 and 90) and the east side of 12th Avenue.  We pick a time - say 9:30 or so, and walk across to the east side of 12th Ave and then call our ride , who will be hanging out nearby - and can come westbound on 49th and pick us up, then turn right on 12th.

That sounds good, I’ll look at google maps so I can get a better idea of the area, thanks!

On 7/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Hello. We will be taking an Uber from our Hotel near Times Square to the port to board our NCL cruise. where/how will the driver drop us off to board our cruise?

Thank you

20 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello. We will be taking an Uber from our Hotel near Times Square to the port to board our NCL cruise. where/how will the driver drop us off to board our cruise?

Thank you

Right in front, drop luggage with a porter.

2 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello again. So the driver can drop us off on the West side of 12th avenue in front of Pier 90?

Thank you

FYI, since you're on an NCL cruise your ship will most likely depart from Pier 88. That doesn't change the answers already given...your driver will be able to drop you right at the entrance to the pier.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luv2bcruising56 said:

Will the gate be open or is there another entrance I’m missing?

The gate is open when the cruiseport is active.  It is locked when there are no departures or arrivals as it leads to the parking lot and other secure areas

• Thanks 1

No gate on the lower level on the right, trucks make deliveries when the ships aren't there or there is a need to access piers when private ships are using them like a foreign navy ship visit and they don't need to use the upper levels of the pier. 

• Like 1