My journey into getting MSC fix my Voyagers Club account not being updated with last cruise

iwtobek

Dear cruisers, 

This post is to document my journey to get MSC fix my Voyagers Club account not being properly updated at the end of last cruise. 

Long story short, so far nothing I did not get MSC to fix it.

I got status matched to Diamond so I'm looking forward to not losing my perks… so far my last cruise (September 2022) stills doesn't show. I believe I still have some months left before my membership expires, but I have actually no clue as the website isn't working for me and keeps saying “there is something wrong with my data”.

The only way I know for sure my account hasn't been updated, is the occasional promotional emails that MSC sends with my Diamond membership number, and the current number of points (still stuck to 10,000).

So far here are the actions I took:

• June 7: Called MSC, they advised to send an email to a specific email dedicated to handling Voyagers Club enquiries for French customers: voyagersclub_webform@croisieres-msc.fr.
  • June 17: I debarked from my DCL cruise and finally sent the email, stating my membership number, and details for the last cruise. Received an auto-reply the same day.
  • June 26: Still no reply from MSC. I found out their postal address, sent a snail mail.
  • June 28: Called their call center. “Sorry we're having some delay, expect a reply this week.” (spoiler: no reply)
  • June 30: Got an email saying they received my letter, and their technical team would eventually handle this.

I will update this post if ever my cruise is posted, and/or I re-gain access to the Voyagers Club section of the website.

If any of you has experienced the same glitch and has an idea about how to get MSC to correct it, feel free to share, I'm very curious!

1 hour ago, iwtobek said:

Dear cruisers, 

This post is to document my journey to get MSC fix my Voyagers Club account not being properly updated at the end of last cruise. 

Long story short, so far nothing I did not get MSC to fix it.

I got status matched to Diamond so I'm looking forward to not losing my perks… so far my last cruise (September 2022) stills doesn't show. I believe I still have some months left before my membership expires, but I have actually no clue as the website isn't working for me and keeps saying “there is something wrong with my data”.

The only way I know for sure my account hasn't been updated, is the occasional promotional emails that MSC sends with my Diamond membership number, and the current number of points (still stuck to 10,000).

So far here are the actions I took:

• June 7: Called MSC, they advised to send an email to a specific email dedicated to handling Voyagers Club enquiries for French customers: voyagersclub_webform@croisieres-msc.fr.
  • June 17: I debarked from my DCL cruise and finally sent the email, stating my membership number, and details for the last cruise. Received an auto-reply the same day.
  • June 26: Still no reply from MSC. I found out their postal address, sent a snail mail.
  • June 28: Called their call center. “Sorry we're having some delay, expect a reply this week.” (spoiler: no reply)
  • June 30: Got an email saying they received my letter, and their technical team would eventually handle this.

I will update this post if ever my cruise is posted, and/or I re-gain access to the Voyagers Club section of the website.

If any of you has experienced the same glitch and has an idea about how to get MSC to correct it, feel free to share, I'm very curious!

I emailed them daily (just copy/paste) for a month (maybe 5 weeks) and it finally got changed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I emailed them daily (just copy/paste) for a month (maybe 5 weeks) and it finally got changed.

You emailed the same address daily and it worked? Kind of interesting…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iwtobek said:

You emailed the same address daily and it worked? Kind of interesting…

Yeah, it just took a min of my time each day and it was more the principle than anything else 🙂

• Like 1

Following.  I am having some issues with my Voyager Club membership as well.  I emailed the voyager club email address three time so far with no response other than the boilerplate response with an SR number.  I did take it one step further since I am a stickler for customer service and emailed an itemized list of issues with dates of actions/non actions directly to MSC cruise customer service with cc to Mr. Ruben Rodriguez (President, MSC Cruises USA) and Ms Polita Dawkins (Director of Customer Services).  Did receive an email from MSC existing reservations/executive offices on Saturday that they are looking into my issues and will get back to me early park of this week.  We shall see! 

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I did the same thing for about 2 weeks and was able to get it corrected. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, it just took a min of my time each day and it was more the principle than anything else 🙂

Very interesting. By any chance do you remember which email address you used? 

4 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

I did the same thing for about 2 weeks and was able to get it corrected. 

Did they confirmed anything to you or did you happen to notice the change on the website? Asking as I don't have access to the website as well…

17 minutes ago, iwtobek said:

Did they confirmed anything to you or did you happen to notice the change on the website? Asking as I don't have access to the website as well…

mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

And they eventually responded. I think it's random who reads the emails. 99% of them ignore it, but 1% knows how to do their job. You have to keep emailing until you get that 1% rep.

I’m also in the same situation. My last cruise that ended on June 11th does not show up in my previous cruises list. I have emailed Voyagers club and called the number listed in the auto reply I received. When I finally got through to someone I was told the only way to contact the voyagers club was through email and they don’t know why it says to call the phone number if you have questions. 

I guess I need to up the ante and start emailing daily as suggested above. I was hoping to get it corrected quickly as I should be diamond now and would like the priority boarding for my upcoming cruise in September as will not be in YC this time.

18 hours ago, iwtobek said:

I saw it on my account, I don't recall I every received a response other then them asking for my onboard bill if I had it.  

I also had originally called and they were useless and told me to use email.  

10 hours ago, mackfam said:

After emailing  the voyagers club USA address twice to no avail I tried the Canadian one yesterday, got a response back same day and my points have been added!

Would you happen to have the email for the Canadian Voyageurs Club?

15 hours ago, mackfam said:

Voyagersclub@msccruises.ca

Thanks for sharing the email!

I still don't have any news regarding my missing points, and as of today I still can't access the Voyagers Club website so I'm in the blue.

DW and I are considering a cruise on MSC next month and maybe I'm not sure I want to push things for now… and take the risk of something conflicting with my upcoming reservations. (Ha, first word problems…)

Have you tried the UK or USA site to login?

UK currently has display issues but can see my account properly on US

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

my last cruise I had problems as the booking name did not match any existing voyager member and it took a while to resolve and get them matched, the TA/MSC sorted it eventually by changing the voyager account(same number).

Are you sure your booking was with your existing voyager No. 

There have been cases with UK bookings where they never link the booking properly and you are a new member when you board, they fix status on board but not sure if that makes the account.

Also note when looking at a new cruise  it is worth checking the various site options for prices as they can differ quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Have you tried the UK or USA site to login?

UK currently has display issues but can see my account properly on US

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

Thanks for the hint! Both website says the same error “There is a problem with your data. Please check and try again.”

my last cruise I had problems as the booking name did not match any existing voyager member and it took a while to resolve and get them matched, the TA/MSC sorted it eventually by changing the voyager account(same number).

I guess that's my issue as well. My last cruise and my voyager club account do not match regarding my first names. If we make a new booking a fix the first name will this get us sorted out eventually?

Are you sure your booking was with your existing voyager No. 

Yes, we were correctly listed as Diamond and enjoyed complimentary Butcher's Cut.

OP here, updating with a (somehow) good news: I received a new marketing email from MSC today, and to my surprise, the number of points listed is now 11,500, which means 1,500 points magically appeared.

I'm not even sure this is the expected amount (weird it rounds off so well) but, hey, this probably means I still have 3 more years from my last cruise until my Diamond status expires. 

Relieved! I'm not sure as I obviously never got a reply from them, but I suspect maybe the posted letter did the trick.

Thank you for your support and I wish you all the best luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

C

On 7/10/2023 at 8:25 AM, mchin said:

I did take it one step further since I am a stickler for customer service and emailed an itemized list of issues with dates of actions/non actions directly to MSC cruise customer service with cc to Mr. Ruben Rodriguez (President, MSC Cruises USA) and Ms Polita Dawkins (Director of Customer Services).  Did receive an email from MSC existing reservations/executive offices on Saturday that they are looking into my issues and will get back to me early park of this week.  We shall see! 

I am having some unresolved issues as well. Would you mind sharing the email addresses for Mr. Rodriguez and Ms Dawkins?  Thanks!!

We did a status match last week and received our Voyager Club membership numbers and email.  Since that time when I try to look at Voyagers Club from my account on the MSC website it informs me there is something wrong with my number. 

I wonder if there is a period of time that has to pass before I can access Voyager Club website and I just  have not been patient enough. 

10 hours ago, south-carolinagirl said:

How long does it usually take for cruises to show on voyagers club? 

Interested as well. OP here, just disembarked. Still cannot access my account online, waiting for the next marketing email to see if it has been posted (probably not).

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Since that time when I try to look at Voyagers Club from my account on the MSC website it informs me there is something wrong with my number. 

I wonder if there is a period of time that has to pass before I can access Voyager Club website and I just  have not been patient enough. 

That's the exact same issue I am facing. When I'm NOT logged in, I can enter my Voyager's Club account to see discounts (and book cruise with the correct status level applied to the cruise).