Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver Cruise Port

sailing sue

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has stayed at this hotel prior to their cruise.  I am seriously thinking about booking, but would love to hear from you especially if you feel the hotel is worth the big price tag . Thank you

We just stayed there before and after our June cruise, and plan to go back next year.  It was incredibly convenient and the staff were WONDERFUL.  In the 3 months before the cruise, I rebooked several times, as there were 'special offers'.  I joined their loyalty club and automatically got 10% discount.  Keep checking the rate.  No need to book their package that includes luggage transfer to the ship-----anyone can use this service (a tip is expected).  

We got a harbor view room and loved to watch seaplanes and the ships come in and out. Our ship was literally right below our room.  

To board, just take hotel elevator to bottom floor and go into convention center.  Follow the signs and people will direct you. 

The food seemed pricey, but there's other reasonable options---- an underground foodcourt that is accessed from the bottom floor (McDonald's, Tim Horton's, multiple types of Asian food, a good burger/milk shake place, and a Rexall drug store).  There's also another convention center building next door that has some quick service food on ground level, including one that made very tasty chicken burritos.  AND Breka Bakery is about 3 blocks away and has incredible sweets and sandwiches......... it's also near the Aubergine Hotel, which I strongly considered.  One of the Fairmont hotels is right across the street, so would also be very convenient.  (and full service restaurants are within a few blocks)

• Like 1

We have stayed there using ultimate rewards points from chase and will be doing so again on our next Vancouver departure.    Using points is a great way to not pay the high price!

Fairmont ( all of them) are excellent choices I’ve stayed at.

Pan Pacific is priced at about $700 CAD  per night for my dates, while the Marriott/ Westin properties are a-bit less.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, Fsulaw1 said:

We have stayed there using ultimate rewards points from chase and will be doing so again on our next Vancouver departure.    Using points is a great way to not pay the high price!

Can you explain how you did this.  I cannot find a way to do it on the Pan Pacific website.

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Can you explain how you did this.  I cannot find a way to do it on the Pan Pacific website.

You go to chase.com or the chase app and then go into ultimate rewards and book. Have to have a chase card that gives u points.

16 minutes ago, Fsulaw1 said:

You go to chase.com or the chase app and then go into ultimate rewards and book. Have to have a chase card that gives u points.

THANKS!  I have the points card but normally use them for Hyatt locations through the Hyatt site - some great pricing there.  

Nearby Hyatt Regency is only 18,000 points.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

THANKS!  I have the points card but normally use them for Hyatt locations through the Hyatt site - some great pricing there.  

Nearby Hyatt Regency is only 18,000 points.

I agree.  But sometimes I want a hotel that I am not a member of their loyalty group or an activity that I’d like on points so I use the points directly to purchase.I’m using points for my reykavik hotel, my Oslo hotel, and some activities next month.

For those who were asking about where you can purchase wine pre embarkation, a BC Liquor Store located in Harbour Center is your closest location. It is a 6 minute stroll from Canada Place along Cordova.  Head east for a block or so.  The actual address is 555 West Hastings.  Be prepared for the added taxes. 

Edited by Coquitlam Cruiser
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:59 AM, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

For those who were asking about where you can purchase wine pre embarkation, a BC Liquor Store located in Harbour Center is your closest location. It is a 6 minute stroll from Canada Place along Cordova.  Head east for a block or so.  The actual address is 555 West Hastings.  Be prepared for the added taxes. 

Excellent, thank you!

On 7/19/2023 at 1:20 PM, Fsulaw1 said:

I agree.  But sometimes I want a hotel that I am not a member of their loyalty group or an activity that I’d like on points so I use the points directly to purchase.I’m using points for my reykavik hotel, my Oslo hotel, and some activities next month.

Go Noles and stay at Hyatt!