Liquor bundles - ever on sale?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

In a way they are. 4 rum and cokes at the bar will get you to the price of that package pretty quick.

Agreed.... definitely not worth the price when comparing to liquor store prices, but cheaper than drinks on the ship.

That being said, if you buy the packages as we've sometimes done in the past, make sure you have a plan for keeping glasses in your room.  This has involved either asking the steward to keep them stocked or bringing a drink back each evening and washing out the glass.  Not all stewards are on point about this.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Rarely, but be aware. The package bottles are the tiny 375 ml. Not worth the $50+ price

Not worth the price? Maybe, but compared to paying almost $13 a drink, it can be bargain. Some simple math bears that out

1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735297 ml
Normal shot glass pour is 1.5 ounces
375ML bottle divide by 29.5735297 = 12.680 ounces
12.680 ounces divide by 1.5 once shot glass = 8.45 shots in a 1.5 ounce (normal) shot glass
Or, roughly 8-1/2  shots.

Figures are based on an average pour of rum and cola on RCL:

Eight rum and colas at current bar prices = $10.99 plus 18% gratuity $1.97 = $12.96 per drink = $103.68. The Rum and Cola Package is $45.99. There's no tax or gratuities added to the liquor packages, at least for Texas sailings. So, there's a savings of roughly $57.00 over ordering drinks at a bar.

Granted, some people feel it's worth paying extra $ for the convenience of walking up to a bar and ordering a drink as opposed to being a mixologist in their stateroom. Is it worth it or not? That's really up to each individual to determine whether it is or isn't.

• Like 1

Are these just on US cruises?  And do they appear on the app once on the ship? 

With 2 young kids it's nice to have a drink on the balcony once they're asleep so these are actually more convenient than a bar for us

4 minutes ago, footzz said:

These are pre cruise purchases made through the Royal Gifts portal. I don't know if they're US specific or not, but here's a link for you to try: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

Please give it a go and let us know if it worked for you. Cheers!

Perfect thank you! I could only see the beer and truly in ice cooler bag earlier when going through the UK site. 

Wow.  

Love all the responses.

Thanks VJMatty for the point about keeping glasses in the room. Hadn't thought about that.

We could always hide a couple in the safe 😄

We had actually done the math on bottles versus buying at the bar.

BUT - the key word was in Footzz response about being your own "mixologist".

DH got seriously into making craft cocktails during the pandemic, and now we are quite spoiled with our mixed drinks.

So having the bottles in our room makes a lot of sense for us.  

What we will be trying to get onto the ship will be all the extra syrups and bitters that go into making real cocktails!

Now we just need to bribe the bartenders to give us some limes and lemons and olives.....

Martini Glass Clip Art Images – Browse 2,943 Stock Photos ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dawn and Steve said:

They are available from the gifts section on the cruise planner. Is this what you mean?

Screenshot_2023-07-15-18-00-53-950_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

And yes - these are the packages I was talking about.  Didn't know whether I should wait for them to go on sale.

42 minutes ago, scotlady said:

And yes - these are the packages I was talking about.  Didn't know whether I should wait for them to go on sale.

They are on sale all the time on the gifts page. You select the gift and then put in your cruise details. Works really well from our experience.

40 minutes ago, Dawn and Steve said:

They are on sale all the time on the gifts page. You select the gift and then put in your cruise details. Works really well from our experience.

I think the OP meant do they go 'on sale' as in cheaper than what is currently shown. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scotlady said:

These offerings don't really ever go on 'sale' like the Cruise Planner 'sales' do. Unlike the beverage package prices, which have gone up almost exponentially, the pricing for these gift selections has remained pretty steady over the last few years.

• Thanks 1