QE 3 adults is a Q5

daisybel

We are taking our 22 year old granddaughter on a short trip as a graduation reward . At the moment all 3 in one cabin. Can anyone on board at the moment in suite 8176  let me know if 2 basins in the bathroom and also if the sofa bed is a 3 seater or just 2 seater. She is happy to share as never cruised before but if too cramped may need to think about an extra cabin - any suggestions?

One thing  to note there is no single reduction  for Grills suites so you would have to pay the cost of another two adults for another Grills suite . If you booked another non QG suite where you could get the small single reduction  then she couldn’t dine with you or use the Grill only spaces. 

50 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

One thing  to note there is no single reduction  for Grills suites so you would have to pay the cost of another two adults for another Grills suite . If you booked another non QG suite where you could get the small single reduction  then she couldn’t dine with you or use the Grill only spaces. 

The only other way is to keep the third party in the QG cabin, and book an inside if poss for sleeping/showering/changing etc.

That is what we would for do in if anyone accompanied us apart from Q2s which have a sofa bed in the sitting room, and the Q1s on QV which have a separate snug which doubles as a bedroom if required, the QE aft cabins of which have yet to undergo a similar  revamp.

Are there any Q6 suites? I am sure most of these have a curtain separation from the main bedroom which might be useful. This had a separate toilet but possibly only 1 basin.  Just a thought!

The photo was QE 5198 last year. In fact we found we preferred this to the Q4s!

IMG_2508.jpeg

29 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Are there any Q6 suites? I am sure most of these have a curtain separation from the main bedroom which might be useful. This had a separate toilet but possibly only 1 basin.  Just a thought!

The photo was QE 5198 last year. In fact we found we preferred this to the Q4s!

IMG_2508.jpeg

The use of space is so much better than in the Q4s

• Like 1

One thing to remember is if you have your heart set on a particular stateroom be sure to mark your booking "no upgrades". For our recent Alaska cruise we booked  5196 to give us a different experience with the location at the stern. Well in advance we were upgraded to a Q4. The same upgrade happened to the people at the next table in the QG.  The Q4s have one sink in the bathroom and a small sofa with a pull-out bed. 

The bathroom is divided in two with the whirlpool tub and shower stall separate from the sink and toilet. We immediately liked the suite for this and other reasons, but I concede it might not appeal to everyone.

Edited by david,Mississauga

49 minutes ago, daisybel said:

Thank you to everyone for suggestions, good idea Victoria, another cheaper cabin just to sleep in, 

no Q6 available .Is there a curtain in Q5. 

No idea which itinerary you've booked, bit last minute bargains can be had on some.

54 minutes ago, daisybel said:

Thank you to everyone for suggestions, good idea Victoria, another cheaper cabin just to sleep in, 

Another tip, if you keep to three in a QG cabin, If you can overlook the lack of separate loo issue, I wouldn't swop yours for a Penthouse. The aft cabins are, as has been pointed out, are less 'busy' and seem more spacious.

2 hours ago, daisybel said:

Never had a Q5 but from the video in this thread, almost certainly no dividing curtain.

The suggestion of booking  the cheapest inside cabin as an extra for night use, seems just the ticket. You will all be able to share that lovely balcony during the day and enjoy the QG restaurant together.

Quick question. I like the idea of booking an extra inside cabin but wouldn’t all 3 passengers be named in the booking in the QG cabin? How would you book another inside cabin for a non existent passenger? I’m not sure you can book a named passenger twice. Can you? Have I misunderstood?

• Like 1

Just now, MeredithFairfax said:

Quick question. I like the idea of booking an extra inside cabin but wouldn’t all 3 passengers be named in the booking in the QG cabin? How would you book another inside cabin for a non existent passenger? I’m not sure you can book a named passenger twice. Can you? Have I misunderstood?

I was wondering that too. I can’t see how it could be done either. Sounds good idea but would it work in practice I am not sure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MeredithFairfax said:

I can't see why not. The passenger isn't non existent, they exist but just want a place to sleep which isn't with their fellow booked passenger.

Those with sleeping problems can sleep  [or not] in peace yet still enjoy QG. Not tried it but my parents used to tell  of a couple who used to book an inside cabin for their clothes on a World cruise.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

I can't see why not. The passenger isn't non existent, they exist but just want a place to sleep which isn't with their fellow booked passenger.

Those with sleeping problems can sleep  [or not] in peace yet still enjoy QG. Not tried it but my parents used to tell  of a couple who used to book an inside cabin for their clothes on a World cruise.

Yes I see what you’re saying but I was just wondering how you book one passenger in two rooms simultaneously. I love the idea of a separate dressing room too 😁

10 hours ago, MeredithFairfax said:

Yes I see what you’re saying but I was just wondering how you book one passenger in two rooms simultaneously. I love the idea of a separate dressing room too 😁

I suppose. you get in touch with your agent, or Cunard if you book direct, and ask to book two cabins, one to be used as a spare, and go from there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...